Hello !
    I'm a french user of BB10 so please excuse me for my english.
    I juste change my android phone for a Q5 because I send a lot of text message. With my android, I used SMS backup + to save all my message on a gmail account. Now, I'm looking for a FREE app on BB10 to save my text message as I used to on my android. I tried to install an apk files of SMS backup + but it doesn't work.
    Does anyone can help me and explain me how find a free app to save my text message on my Q5 on my gmail ? Is it exist ? or is it possible to download a free version of message X, Synclion or other apps ?
    Thank you !
    Blandine
    07-16-14 06:52 AM
    I'm not sure of free ones, but backup pro is 4.99 and does way more than just texts and is worth it. I own it and have no issues with it.

Posted via CB10
    FireChestApps likes this.
    07-16-14 06:58 AM
    If you install Snap you can install SMS Backup+
    07-16-14 07:10 AM
    If you install Snap you can install SMS Backup+
    Does it work though the OP said he tired that already

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 08:08 AM
    Thank you for your answers. Actually, I have already installed Sms backup + from an apk apps but it doesn't find any message. I think it is caused by the specificity of Blackberry and their instant push message.
    Blueyestm, what is Snap ? Are you talking about Snapchat ??
    With the Blackberry apps, isn't there any way to dowload apps for free ? As we can download film or music on streaming for example.
    Thank you again.
    07-16-14 10:44 AM
    Snap is the google play store for blackberry or you could install amazon app. Not sure what version apk you have it's another option.
    07-16-14 10:47 AM
    Thank you for your answers. Actually, I have already installed Sms backup + from an apk apps but it doesn't find any message. I think it is caused by the specificity of Blackberry and their instant push message.
    Blueyestm, what is Snap ? Are you talking about Snapchat ??
    With the Blackberry apps, isn't there any way to dowload apps for free ? As we can download film or music on streaming for example.
    Thank you again.
    If the apk doesn't work side loading snap won't probably work.

And you can buy apps but there's no free "paid" apps. And if there was (I don't even think there is) it's against forums rules to talk about it here

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 10:51 AM
    well in the snap store SMS Backup+ is free so not quite sure how she paid for something that is free
    07-16-14 10:53 AM
    I've heard others say the only a native app will work with backing up SMS/MMS correctly. There are a number of paid apps in BlackBerry world that do this an more...

Heard good things about these apps in BlackBerry world SMS Backup, Backup Pro
    07-16-14 10:55 AM
    Oh ok sorry for talking about that, I didn't know.
    I'm trying to dowload snap but the files doesn't want to be opened whereas I'm on BB10, doesn't ayone know why ?
    07-16-14 10:58 AM
    Oh ok sorry for talking about that, I didn't know.
    I'm trying to dowload snap but the files doesn't want to be opened whereas I'm on BB10, doesn't ayone know why ?
    You need to sidled snap via a computer

Here's a good thread to read up on

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=821005

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 10:59 AM
    You need to sidled snap via a computer

Here's a good thread to read up on

How To Sideload Android Apps on Your BB10 device - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Posted via CB10
    Problem is what if the OP doesn't have a computer....

Computer to Sideload this, Computer to Sync that, Computer to Backup this..... yet there are a lot of people in the world that don't have all the time access to a computer. I think additional features like syncing playlist and music libraries is a great additional feature. But I think having a platform that doesn't rely on a computer for the basic functions should be a very important goal.
    07-17-14 08:11 AM
    Problem is what if the OP doesn't have a computer....

Computer to Sideload this, Computer to Sync that, Computer to Backup this..... yet there are a lot of people in the world that don't have all the time access to a computer. I think additional features like syncing playlist and music libraries is a great additional feature. But I think having a platform that doesn't rely on a computer for the basic functions should be a very important goal.
    There's apps like backup pro that you can buy that doesn't need a computer. Is there any phone provider that 100% back ups your phone remotely!? And OP asked how to side load so I gave him a link

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 08:30 AM
    Thank you again.
    I have now snap but sms backup + doesn't work. I think only a native app will be able to backup sms on blackberry... I'm looking for an other way to backup my message without paying...
    07-17-14 01:11 PM
    A computer with LINK will allow you to backup your device... but you don't have selective control over just TEXT Messages.... that will be free. Other wise on the BlackBerry platform your really going to have to pay something for that capability.
    07-18-14 01:03 PM