How do I take just an audio recording? (Z30 running latest official BB10 on VZW)? Other than a video recording with the camera blocked, that is? I feel like I'm overlooking something painfully obvious. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    09-17-16 07:59 AM
    Go to the Remember app, tap Voice Note. Or, you can select from a few voice note or voice recorder apps in BB World.
    09-17-16 08:11 AM
    Ah. Easy peasy. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-16 08:16 AM
    Depending on what you are going to be using it for, there is also an app in BlackBerry World called Parrot that works great. I like this app because I don't necessarily need all of my recordings tied to dates or notes and this app very easily creates new audio files that can be saved wherever you like. Also very easy to rename and share files afterward.

Very simple and easy to use.
    09-17-16 08:20 AM
    Even more helpful thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-17-16 09:02 AM
    Will Parrot record a long meeting, for example, 2 hours?
    09-17-16 01:06 PM
    Will Parrot record a long meeting, for example, 2 hours?
    While I'm not 100% sure because that's not what I use the app for, I have no reason to see why not, provided you have enough storage on your device.

One of the user reviews from the site claims he uses it for meetings so I would assume it will meet your needs as well:

"I need to record meetings, phone calls and everyday conversations often. After recently switching back to BlackBerry I needed a solid tool to help with this. I was lucky enough to find this amazingly powerful tool.
    If you need to record any audio via a BlackBerry look no further. This is the app for you. Fantastic application that works flawlessly."

There is a free version to try and also a pro version available. I don't recall the differences but always recommend buying the full version if you appreciate the app. Here is the link to their site if you want any more info: http://www.theparrotapp.com/blackberry/index.html
    09-17-16 01:59 PM
    It is possible!

I do use Parrot at interviews for a job or in meetings and they usally are longer than one or two hours.

Good with Parrot ist that the recording does not stop when the screen locks and screensaver mode turnes on.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-16 01:34 AM
    It will indeed record longer segments but be aware that file size will be large if higher recording quality is selected. I recorded 35 min sermon at "good" quality and ended up with 48 mb, too big to upload or send by text or email

Posted via CB10
    09-18-16 11:17 AM
    I will be transferring by usb cable.
    09-18-16 12:11 PM