I would like to side load the Google play store to my passport but don't know if it will compromise my personal data.
    04-29-15 08:34 AM
    Using any kind of Google services is a compromise to your data so only now you're getting worried about it?

And you don't sideload android apps anymore, you install them directly.

Getting to the root of your convern though, no. Unless you decide to download and install an app that is clearly malware, not much but Google having the same data access it ALREADY has will happen.
    Using any kind of Google services is a compromise to your data so only now you're getting worried about it?

And you don't sideload android apps anymore, you install them directly.

Getting to the root of your convern though, no. Unless you decide to download and install an app that is clearly malware, not much but Google having the same data access it ALREADY has will happen.
    04-29-15 09:10 AM
    Sorry this is my first blackberry and I watched all this videos in YouTube on how to sideload the snap app that I was wondering if it was safe to do.
    04-29-15 12:39 PM
    Nothing to be sorry for.

But there is a huge difference between sideloading Snap, a tool from a trusted dev and sideloading any app you find around the internet. You didn't really mention Snap in the OP either.

Anyway. Go for it.
    04-30-15 06:15 PM
    Download cobalts play store no side loading needed
    04-30-15 06:19 PM
    Download cobalts play store no side loading needed
    Yeah... Just a crapload of files to install and eat up memory (and constantly bug you Google Services has stopped).
    04-30-15 06:21 PM
    Then join the future and get a blackberry with more then 2Gb's of ram (passport)
    04-30-15 09:45 PM
    Then join the future and get a blackberry with more then 2Gb's of ram (passport)
    And how does that solve the constantly nagging about services stopping working, oh bright one?

But yeah, good advice: get a new phone to deal with hacked Google services.l that half work.

PS: Cobalt, we know who you are. This is not a stab at ya buddy, it's a stable at Google Play Services. You're good on our book.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 12:50 AM