My galaxy note 3 is stuck at Android 5.1 version but the apps still keep (auto-)updating. Should I stop updating the apps? Thanks.
    10-21-19 01:50 AM
    My galaxy note 3 is stuck at Android 5.1 version but the apps still keep (auto-)updating. Should I stop updating the apps? Thanks.
    Hi Stephanie, I don't have the same device as you but I always keep my auto updates turned off as I will read through the reviews and check on CB first before downloading. As an example I use Google calendar and after reading the reviews have discovered that they have removed the color selection for events and reminders etc and now only offer two colors which I personally think is not enough to highlight important events etc in my monthly calendar view. It may sound like a over the top reaction but I will not update until it's fixed. I'm pretty sure someone will be along shortly to advise otherwise 😎
    swadarshan likes this.
    10-21-19 02:15 AM
    I always enable auto-updates.

Play Store knows what version of Android you are using, and will never update an app if it won't work on your phone.
    Stephanie Medlock likes this.
    10-21-19 08:37 AM
    Yeah, I totally agree with you. Thanks for the information
    10-25-19 01:50 AM
    That's what I figured
    10-25-19 01:51 AM
    Hi Stephanie, I don't have the same device as you but I always keep my auto updates turned off as I will read through the reviews and check on CB first before downloading. As an example I use Google calendar and after reading the reviews have discovered that they have removed the color selection for events and reminders etc and now only offer two colors which I personally think is not enough to highlight important events etc in my monthly calendar view. It may sound like a over the top reaction but I will not update until it's fixed. I'm pretty sure someone will be along shortly to advise otherwise
    I second this. This way undesired changes are prevented.
    10-27-19 08:07 AM