I have always been a fan of blackberry, even though their customer service is the worst on this planet and mother of all worst customer service. The reason is that before I got the phone from my provider, whenever things happens to my blackberry that need support, blackberry asked me to pay first, ask question later. So, I didnt bother asking anymore instead just come back and bother my carrier and eventually they would just send me a new one.

Now, this blackberry I got less than a year, it is a passport. Now, the reception is really bad, Keep getting SOS, when people call I can't hear and vice versa, if I bring it to a very clear sky I would get 1 bar and then it would go into SOS again, sometimes 2 bar but most of the time people could not get a hold of me. I spent 2 hours with blackberry and finally settle for a screenshot and log. Their engineer sent me 2 days later and they told me that I need to switch SIM and that would resolve, if I have any problem please do not hesitate to contact them. Well, My SIM put in a junk phone it works just fine. What does SIM have to do with how many reception bar I got???.

Then I called and they told me that I have to connect my blackberry to my computer and do a full wipe before they continue. Well, I know that reception bad or good has nothing to do with the OS, right now I'm 3 days and cannot even use my blackberry. If this were an apple I would just bring it to an apple store, now I got a different phone. So, they consider my ticket close now because they would not just ship this garbage and deal with it themselves.

I'm lost, I would rather hammer this and post on youtube and say goodbye forever to this product. I was a big fan, now, I just want to throw this away, it was a birthday gift for me.

Any advice??
    02-17-16 07:39 PM
    Your post is very "rambling" and confusing.

Did your carrier give you a new SIM card? Try that. It does not matter much if the SIM works in junk phones.
    02-17-16 07:45 PM
    This happened to my friend passport too he sent it back to BlackBerry expert center here in Malaysia and weeks later he got the replacement
    02-17-16 07:47 PM
    [QUOTE=CrackBerry Question;12270590. Well, I know that reception bad or good has nothing to do with the OS

Any advice??[/QUOTE]

You may actually see improvement of your reception with a reload or update of your OS. Your radio files could be at fault. So do try it.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 08:38 PM
    It amuses me when someone posts a rant but doesn't try any solutions offered to them because they feel they know better.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    rebroker2009 likes this.
    02-17-16 09:34 PM
    Hi,

I did a SIM switch, reload OS, no difference!

Does anyone wish they receive Iphone service for your blackberry device???

Why is it that blackberry service is so poor compare to Iphone where you can just go to Apple store and get it diagnose, or replace right away. This is certainly something that Blackberry has to catch up as a product is only as good as its customer service.

I will try to get this thing repair, but will never buy blackberry again. I'm an average user, I find this very frustrating, look online review on blackberry customer service compare to apple and see which is better?

Poor blackberry, I'm jumping ship because of this incident, I dont want to own a blackberry ever again, try apple out , even a second hand one, as long as it has warranty and you guys will see what I'm talking about. That is why nobody like to buy used blackberry because you will never get support for it.
    02-17-16 11:46 PM
    Sounds like you need a replacement unit. If you have tried iPhone and it gets better reception than BlackBerry device regardless, then you should dump BlackBerry and get an iPhone.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    02-17-16 11:59 PM
    Be persistent with BlackBerry customer service and with your carrier.
    If the device is less than one year old and you have attempted the suggested corrections push for a replacement. The device should still be under warranty.
    Although voicing your frustrations here may be therapeutic, it really won't help to solve your device problems.
    Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 12:32 AM
    If you do decide to smash it, make a video and send to to CrackBerry. Someone creatively smashed their PlayBook a few years ago and it was pretty cathartic.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2813 / T-Mobile
    02-18-16 01:35 AM
    If you were getting good reception a year before this happened then it sounds like it could be OS issue. Try the suggestions before smashing Blackberry and your Passport.
    02-19-16 01:30 PM
    LOL, finally I got RMA , they will do a replacement first then send back my broken blackberry later, only provide creditcard with $250 hold. Maximum charge is $250 , which is not a bad deal.

Will post if I get a new one or a used one.
    02-20-16 04:49 AM