Considering buying a Blackberry Playbook but with Blackberry's new business configuration, uncertain if OS system will soon be obsolete?
    02-06-17 03:57 PM
    It's 2017. Don't buy a PlayBook.
    goku_vegeta likes this.
    02-06-17 04:03 PM
    Agreed. Do not buy a PlayBook, unless the cost is free.
    richrico likes this.
    02-06-17 04:04 PM
    Soon be obsolete..... PlayBook never got BB10 as promised, it hasn't had an update in 3-1/2 years, and it' running a VERY old version of Android 2.X..... very few apps work on the thing

It makes a GREAT video player, that what my grandkids use it for as the speakers on it are better than most new Tablets.

Put that $50 - $75 towards a better tablet, or even a $50 Android tablet would be more useful than a PlayBook.
    richrico likes this.
    02-06-17 04:25 PM
    02-06-17 04:28 PM
    That's what I was afraid of.... Thank you all for your replies.
    02-06-17 04:36 PM
    I will add.... nothing like a Windows Tablet.

Had a low end NEXTBOOK that served me well after I got tired or fumbling with the PlayBook.... moved up to a Surface 4 Pro and I'm loving it.

For a mobile phone I'd stick with either iOS or Android, but for a Tablet/Laptop replacement I'd go Windows.
    02-06-17 04:39 PM
    Considering buying a Blackberry Playbook but with Blackberry's new business configuration, uncertain if OS system will soon be obsolete?
    You would be farther ahead to buy an Etch-A-Sketch.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    02-06-17 08:11 PM
    I have two of them, use them both daily...but. Yes, videos are great on it, beautiful screen and speakers. My wife uses hers as an ebook, although it is very slow to get the books and have to use an old version of Overdrive to do it, once downloaded it is great. Few games still work on it, but are few. Browsing on it is almost painful at times now as it is very slow on some sites. If you can get it for cheap, why not go for it, if you are looking for full function tablet, pass.
    to boldly go likes this.
    02-06-17 08:25 PM
    It's 2017. Don't buy a PlayBook.
    I don't know why, but this could be a great (anti)marketing scheme. It sounds the "Friends don't let friends..." meme/thing.
    02-06-17 08:27 PM
    Sound as a pound.

The PlayBook is state of the art, and can flawlessly run a handful of Android apps designed for Gingerbread (2.3)

Futureproof yourself and buy a PlayBook today!
    02-06-17 08:34 PM
    If you considering a fine paper weight, the play book is one hell of a paper weight
    emanuel0ss0 likes this.
    02-06-17 10:21 PM
    I believe they are worth buying at the price they're going at. great for music download playing, browsing depending on how you browse, and they can stream video, so it depends on what you expect. They are very sturdy and dependable for what they can do.
    02-07-17 09:25 PM
    I dont know if you can still get the origami browser, or if it comes preinstalled, but for simple browsing it works pretty fast, but missing some bells and whistles.
    02-07-17 09:27 PM
    but for simple browsing it works pretty fast,
    Not really. There is no such thing as fast anymore as far as browsing goes on the Playbook.
    02-07-17 09:58 PM
    It really depends on the price and what you are hoping to do with it. But, as far as the OS goes, it is already obsolete.

I use mine as a digital movie player for my daughter and, as such, it works great. Much better than any other tablet that I've used, in fact, and it was far more affordable to boot. But, if you are hoping to use it for apps and generally more "modern" uses for a tablet, I'd think twice.
    02-07-17 10:06 PM
    Not really. There is no such thing as fast anymore as far as browsing goes on the Playbook.
    ok its been a few weeks since I used it, but for 'simple' as in basic browsing, forums, news articles, even ebay or amazon, it works good for me, it can manage video after some buffering too. My push to say its good is for the price and for the lack of problems like viruses and stuff.

Its good for what it is, perhaps yours is a little slower than mine ; )
    02-07-17 10:15 PM
    No you should go for ios or Android platform

Posted via CB10
    02-08-17 07:22 AM