Ive been wanting to upgrade my phone recently and I've taken a very strong liking to the passport but I heard a lot of people saying bb10 is dead and CBK said to buy the mercury instead of keeping or buying a bb10 device to support blackberrys new phones I'm so split ;-;
    02-02-17 10:22 AM
    Do want you want to do. Whats in your heart. I have had mine for two years (I think), best phone I ever had. That said, I will still try a Mercury or whatever it ends up being called

Blackberry Passport and Blue Classic
    jacob Ultrasoda likes this.
    02-02-17 10:25 AM
    Thanks for your encouraging message 😺 I think I'll buy the passport 😼 it's what I really want my mind's made up
    rebroker2009 likes this.
    02-02-17 10:28 AM
    My answer would be not to buy more than a go for it. Even if passport still the best BlackBerry ever made, it is now some aspects that could be a turn off depending of what you plain to do with. If be in 2017 as all your friends you want to be connect with is the big point, better avoid the Passport till a new version or a software major update like android 6 or 7. For now you better buy a Priv with physical keyboard.
    02-02-17 10:38 AM
    Do you have a BB10 phone now?

Are you aware of what BB10 is, and what it isn't?

You understand that BB10 uses the Android 4.3 Runtime so any apps you do load will have to be compatible with that?

Passport is old, but still a very usable hardware set. The OS is the real issue, it WILL limit what you can do.... so it just depends on YOUR needs now, and going forward.
    02-02-17 11:52 AM
    It has been said so many times before and completely depends on what you require. No two people use their phones the same so I can't tell you if you should buy a passport or not.

Do you require or use a lot of apps?

Do you spend a lot of time going through emails and docs?

What brings you to wanting a passport?

There's so many variables that decide this that nobody can make that decision for you. Sure, I love my passport and enjoy using it but I also accept that it's not as easy to do certain things on it. I have other devices to make up for these shortfalls.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-17 11:55 AM
    I do not have a bb10 device I have a moto g 1st gen which is older than the passport but I don't use it for games or anything like that I have a tablet for games I just want it as a phone I like the way it looks and bb10 looks from what I can see pretty snappy and fast at least fast enough for me 😏 I mostly watch YouTube on my phone and I'm aware it's not the best thing for that but I'm perfectly fine with using something like fasttube or downloading the APK or even just using the website I'm aware of a lot of the drawbacks but it's not an issue I'm worried about
    02-02-17 12:00 PM
    The easiest thing to do, if you want a passport, is to buy it. They are inexpensive yet so very powerful. Great for communications. Then, for your app needs, buy a cheap and small android phone. The price of both phones will be less than $400 combined. Heck, get the moto G from amazon, $100. Passport, $180. Assuming you're not in it for gaming, these two phones will be more than enough for all your business / communications needs.

It is a common trend nowadays to find a one-size-fits-all phone. But really, if you want better results, just double up on phones.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    02-02-17 12:05 PM
    I like my Passport and don't have any limitations regarding apps. I use it for communicating and documents as well as browsing. Very few apps aside from productivity boosters. So for my needs it's great. Good network etc too.

Behold, my thumbs have spoken.
    02-02-17 03:03 PM
    Passport running Android app... it is just like running a Mercedes M112 engine and switching is regular tranny ( 722.6) to a Volvo transmission for running on highway. It is running square.
    02-02-17 05:58 PM
    No, I wouldn't buy any bb10 device. I'm using Q10 and it's a great phone but app selection is horrible, even amazon app store is horrible. Google play store crashes or doesn't work at all. BlackBerry world offers a complete junk of useless apps, not even one decent app, go for android, sorry

Posted via CB10
    02-02-17 06:23 PM
    OP, if you're content with the way BB10 functions today, then sure.
    02-02-17 06:28 PM
    No, I wouldn't buy any bb10 device. I'm using Q10 and it's a great phone but app selection is horrible, even amazon app store is horrible. Google play store crashes or doesn't work at all. BlackBerry world offers a complete junk of useless apps, not even one decent app, go for android, sorry

Posted via CB10
    Come on. Way over the top. There are lots of good bb10 apps.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-17 08:34 PM
    I use my Passport for emails, the odd video, browsing and I open alot of PDF's. The docs that I view are so much bigger than when I had to do this on my Q10 and always had to enlarge and read the top corner first, then move the doc to the right and enlarge the top right etc etc. With my Passport, there is so much more real estate (I sell real estate) that I can never go back to the Q. The only problem I see for the future is, once my Passport goes to heaven, I will either need to get another or look at another big screen phone

Blackberry Passport and Blue Classic
    02-02-17 08:43 PM
    The blackberry passport is the most impressive phone I've ever used from a hardware perspective. Best battery life, amazing keyboard, great screen, excellent specs. BB10 has become a problem for me. I don't require a lot of apps on my phone but whatever I do require to use either is not the best of apps, or is not available. WhatsApp is the main messaging app I use now a days and the fact that it will soon no longer be available is what made me give up my passport. So if you are ok not having an OS that supports major apps or have these apps regularly updated you will love the passport, otherwise definitely wait for the mercury. Gluck
    Last edited by kazemosman; 02-02-17 at 11:51 PM.
    franqueb likes this.
    02-02-17 09:55 PM
    OP, if you're content with the way BB10 functions today, then sure.
    I agree. The price is right. The BB10 experience is unique. You should have fun with it.
    02-03-17 02:07 AM
    I do not have a bb10 device I have a moto g 1st gen which is older than the passport but I don't use it for games or anything like that I have a tablet for games I just want it as a phone I like the way it looks and bb10 looks from what I can see pretty snappy and fast at least fast enough for me 😏 I mostly watch YouTube on my phone and I'm aware it's not the best thing for that but I'm perfectly fine with using something like fasttube or downloading the APK or even just using the website I'm aware of a lot of the drawbacks but it's not an issue I'm worried about
    For me using the Zeus browser from BlackBerry World works fine for youtube or any video. Some but not all video sources will work on the stock browser. I find Stereotube to work great too ; )

Apps are sometimes overrated when you have a browser that can do the same thing without an app.

It just depends on what you need your phone for.
    02-04-17 09:04 PM
    I love my Passport. Accurate typing, love the screen, battery life for 2-3 days, great calendar, HUB is the best for multiple accounts. I'm not a big app guy and Passport does everything I need it to do. On the other side, there is a few apps that I would like to be able to use that do not work on Passport, but not a deal breaker for me. My next phone will be something different, most likely Android, just because I like change, and would find it somewhat refreshing to learn something new.
    02-04-17 09:09 PM
    What are the app's that you've found out don't work that you'd want to have? If you don't mind me asking 😎
    02-04-17 09:15 PM
    I'm going to echo Nguyen1: two devices, two different OS, provides all you need. I'm actually using my Classic (BB10) for all communications so it has a SIM card; then my used/new to me Red Passport works and views everything wide: I can read books, view videos - and it only operates via WiFi (no SIM). Make it three devices: I also have a DTEK50 for those apps only available via non-BB10 stores. Combo actually works great for me, a RE Broker in southern California.

What a CLASSIC!
    02-04-17 09:45 PM
    I had to carry two phones for awhile. PITA. Was like having two wives
    02-04-17 09:57 PM
    For a current Bb10 user that is satisfied with what it offers, then the Passport is the best upgrade you can get.

But it's hard, in 2017, to recommend new users to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-05-17 12:38 AM
    I concur with those who use a two-phone solution for the best of both worlds. A Passport paired with an Android device or iPhone should work. Perhaps the OP should consider what I did and buy an affordable Samsung Galaxy J3 V (or a Moto G4) and wait for the Mercury.
    02-05-17 01:25 AM