So, it's the beginning of 2018 and I really want a phone with a physical keyboard. I'm still iffy on the thought of getting the KeyONE because it's almost a year old. I would have bought it already if I could get the 4GB RAM version but I can't because I'm on Verizon. I want some opinions on what I should do. Should I buy the KeyONE anyways, or should I buy a Classic to use for a while until the KeyONE successor is released?
    01-04-18 08:23 PM
    So, it's the beginning of 2018 and I really want a phone with a physical keyboard. I'm still iffy on the thought of getting the KeyONE because it's almost a year old. I would have bought it already if I could get the 4GB RAM version but I can't because I'm on Verizon. I want some opinions on what I should do. Should I buy the KeyONE anyways, or should I buy a Classic to use for a while until the KeyONE successor is released?
    I think there's almost an exact same thread "should I buy the Priv in 2017"

If you think the phone does what you want/need then buy it. Buy from a place that accepts returns and give it a try. Any new "KeyOne" will obviously cost more money when introduced. But, yes, WE on Verizon cannot benefit from the improved specs.
    danielzhou117 likes this.
    01-05-18 12:20 AM
    yes! why not
    01-05-18 04:50 AM

If you think the phone does what you want/need then buy it. Buy from a place that accepts returns and give it a try. Any new "KeyOne" will obviously cost more money when introduced. But, yes, WE on Verizon cannot benefit from the improved specs.
    Not really the same boat, as KeyOne black edition is even still beeing released in some part of the World lol

Posted via CB10
    01-05-18 06:27 AM
    I bought a KeyONE blach Edition last week (coming from iPhone 6s+) and happy with this new device (love the keyboard).

So from my point of view: go for the K1
    01-05-18 06:32 AM

Plus it is still getting updates.
    FF22 and danielzhou117 like this.
    01-05-18 06:32 AM
    Not really the same boat, as KeyOne black edition is even still beeing released in some part of the World lol

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry what I meant, was last year at this time folks were asking the same question about whether they should buy the year old Priv. Of course, last year we did not expect BB to have abandoned it a year later.

The main meaning is: if the phone does what you want and the price seems fair, in this case, the KeyOne, then give it a whirl. There will always be newer phones although one cannot say that about PHYSICAL keyboard phones.
    01-05-18 08:58 AM
    Jut bought one for my wife and she loves it. That is, she must have a physical keyboard.
    01-05-18 09:59 AM
    I bought the silver unlocked KEYOne and it's been a big adjustment, having come from iPhones. I much prefer most of the iOS apps but the reception on the KEYone is much better, and the battery life is insanely good compared to the iPhone, even when it was new. I've decided to keep mine now that I've found some mail, calendar, notes and messaging apps that I like enough. It would be hard for me to give up the excellent call reception and battery life. I don't enjoy the physical keyboard as much as I expected though. It's awkward to hold the phone and use it.
    01-05-18 10:23 AM