Hello,

I am interested in purchasing a handset in order to be used as one of the more secure terminals for communications.

Since Blackberry stopped phone manufacturing (i.e.: outsourced it), it raises the question whether a BB phone is a good choice for the future.

I must point out the fact that I do not have the necessary knowledge or experience to form a reliable opinion on the matter, which is why I am asking for your insight. I also did not have a blackberry phone beforehand, which might make me more inclined towards Priv rather than Passport. I also tend to believe BB will continue on this Android trend regarding OS/software.

The question is: should I buy a Priv or Passport in 2017 and expect excellent software support and, more importantly, security for years to come, or should I orient myself towards other handsets?

Thank you in advance!
    02-08-17 02:03 AM
    I am interested in purchasing a handset in order to be used as one of the more secure terminals for communications.
    The question is: should I buy a Priv or Passport in 2017 and expect excellent software support and, more importantly, security for years to come, or should I orient myself towards other handsets?
    If you want great eMail experience and a physical keyboard phone Passport is best. If you need Apps then Passport is not a good buy now.
    Priv is Good phone having physical keyboard and Android for Apps.
    If you want a full touch screen phone DTEK60 is best today. Mercury is another good keyboard phone coming soon.
    02-08-17 02:39 AM