What do you all think? Is BB experience better than iPhone ?
    05-13-19 01:50 AM
    What do you all think? Is BB experience better than iPhone ?
    I guess that's really up to you and what you want in a phone. For me it's definitely the pkb and being able to have short cuts assigned to each letter of the keyboard, just have to remember which short cuts is which letter. The key2 is a great phone for me and happy that I purchased it.
    I had an iPhone years ago and didn't like it. Good luck with your choice.
    05-13-19 04:36 AM
    The iPhone ecosystem, if you’re already using it, tremendous. If you switch to Android, you have to reacquire all the apps purchased and downloaded all over again. If you like a PKB it’s great. Otherwise, Android/IOS can pretty much feel similar.
    05-13-19 05:03 AM
    Battery? Literally, when ever I'm out for meetings, everyone with an iPhone is looking for a place to plug in. I have a BB Motion, but I understand the battery is pretty good on the KeyOne and Key2 as well.
    rarsen likes this.
    05-13-19 07:42 AM
    Battery? Literally, when ever I'm out for meetings, everyone with an iPhone is looking for a place to plug in. I have a BB Motion, but I understand the battery is pretty good on the KeyOne and Key2 as well.
    I’ve noticed huge change in battery life from 8/8plus to XR with similar use. My XR and KEYone are now on par with each other.
    05-13-19 08:22 AM
    There are plenty of Android phones that have good battery life. The other aspect that never gets tested is how long will that battery last before needing to be replaced. Battery quality varies.
    05-13-19 08:26 AM
    Go for it! Key2 black is 419 on Amazon right now.
    05-13-19 08:28 AM
    Definitely, iPhone users are usually those asking for chargers/outlets.
    I can't believe they put such a measly 1500mAh cell in the 5S and it still sold like hotcakes.

However, in Apple's defence, the XR in particular has massively improved battery life compared to everything the brand has made before.
    Probably because the battery is almost 3000mAh and iOS has had energy saving refinements.
    05-13-19 06:37 PM
    The 5s still runs the latest software and was technically superior when it came out. 5s owners were likely served better than Galaxy 4 owners in the long run but water under the bridge.
    05-14-19 09:54 AM
    Agree with the previous comments. Only you know the answer to that question. If a physical keyboard is what you need and you are looking to pound out longer emails and communication is your main driver, then I think BlackBerry could be a potential solution for you.

However, if you are more interested in apps (and as someone mentioned, you have already purchased a number of them), then switching ecosystems may not be the brightest idea from a financial perspective.

In addition, and my own personal opinion, it does appear to me that the pictures taken from an iphone are better than that of the BlackBerry. I'm ok with the pictures that the BlackBerry takes, but I do think better pics can be taken through other devices, including one of my Samsung phones. I have never used an iphone myself, but have seen the pics and believe them to look better.

You will need to outline the criteria that is most important to you and then we can chime in and help guide you the right way. There is always some bias based on the forum you are posting to, but I think there are many members that will give you an honest answer based on what is important to you.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    05-14-19 11:00 AM
    the only reason would be the keyboard IMO. Otherwise I would fine iOS superior in almost every way
    Bbnivende likes this.
    05-14-19 11:06 AM
    Why would you ask a BlackBerry forum about switching from iPhone over to BlackBerry, like asking a Ford salesperson should you buy a Honda
    05-14-19 01:09 PM
    The 5s still runs the latest software and was technically superior when it came out. 5s owners were likely served better than Galaxy 4 owners in the long run but water under the bridge.
    The 5s lasts a lot longer than my Z10, but I wouldn't trade my Z10 for a 5s. The problem with small phones is small batteries, but I'd rather charge more often than carry an unpocketable Phan let like my KEYone.

Each use has to decide how portent battery life is, balanced with other important features.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-14-19 01:19 PM
    The 5s lasts a lot longer than my Z10, but I wouldn't trade my Z10 for a 5s. The problem with small phones is small batteries, but I'd rather charge more often than carry an unpocketable Phan let like my KEYone.

Each use has to decide how portent battery life is, balanced with other important features.

5S battery last longer than a Z10.... advantage with the Z10 was you could swap out the battery. If the Z10 had been their first non removable battery.... it would have been a mercy as I'd have given up before my Verizon 30 Days was up.
    05-14-19 01:35 PM
    5S battery last longer than a Z10.... advantage with the Z10 was you could swap out the battery. If the Z10 had been their first non removable battery.... it would have been a mercy as I'd have given up before my Verizon 30 Days was up.
    That's a fair point. The funny thing is that, now that I dual carry a KEYone I've stopped carrying an extra battery for my Z10, and it hasn't been an issue.

Granted, I turn off my cell antenna on the subway and recharge whenever I am at my desk. And I also don't worry if I'm without a phone for a few hours now and then.

What's interesting to me is that, when my Z10 isn't available, and I have a choice between my KEYone with over a hundred apps (which I seriously need to purge!), my iPad, and my laptop, I'm more likely to grab a notebook and pencil than anything else. That's a huge change for me over the past 15 years when I did 90% of my writing on a BBOS or BB10 phone.

The reason is simple. No other device (except a pencil and notebook) offers the same simple, dedicated writing experience. My laptop, iPad and KEYone just aren't great writing platforms for me. I've tried numerous configurations and apps, but it doesn't matter. No other digital platform offers me such simple and immediate access to jotting down my thoughts.

05-14-19 01:54 PM
    That's a fair point. The funny thing is that, now that I dual carry a KEYone I've stopped carrying an extra battery for my Z10, and it hasn't been an issue.

Granted, I turn off my cell antenna on the subway and recharge whenever I am at my desk. And I also don't worry if I'm without a phone for a few hours now and then.

What's interesting to me is that, when my Z10 isn't available, and I have a choice between my KEYone with over a hundred apps (which I seriously need to purge!), my iPad, and my laptop, I'm more likely to grab a notebook and pencil than anything else. That's a huge change for me over the past 15 years when I did 90% of my writing on a BBOS or BB10 phone.

The reason is simple. No other device (except a pencil and notebook) offers the same simple, dedicated writing experience. My laptop, iPad and KEYone just aren't great writing platforms for me. I've tried numerous configurations and apps, but it doesn't matter. No other digital platform offers me such simple and immediate access to jotting down my thoughts.

See... I don't have that many thoughts.

Do really love my Surface Pro, Pen and OneNote... can scribe down something and it can convert it to a typed message that is pretty accurate. Or just leave my scribbling... Later at work I can view OneNote on my Desktop and the act on those "notes".
    05-14-19 02:07 PM
    Yes , Enterprise was looking for an improvement in battery daily life by the Z10 over the 9900. They were not pleased and returned the phone in epic numbers. The other major issue was bump restarts. CrackBerry posters deemed it acceptable to lodge a business card behind battery. Big companies not so much.

Fast forward to now. Modern cases are so tight they are not really designed for battery swapping.

I rotated 3 Z10 batteries and that was ok because my case was easily removed. I did not have battery issues. I really liked the Z10 until Snap withdrew from the scene.
    05-14-19 03:08 PM
    See... I don't have that many thoughts.

Do really love my Surface Pro, Pen and OneNote... can scribe down something and it can convert it to a typed message that is pretty accurate. Or just leave my scribbling... Later at work I can view OneNote on my Desktop and the act on those "notes".
    I wish I could use a Surface Pro, but I need more horsepower from a laptop, unless I'm willing to carry a Surface Pro + a mobile workstation!

I've used OneNote pretty extensively, and I have separate notebooks for each of my clients as well as a personal one for my professional development programs. I like OneNote for...well...notes. But for longer writing it doesn't work for me, as I don't like the way all text is placed in a text box/container.

The great thing about OneNote compared to Evernote (which I've also used a lot is that you can encrypt it and keep it as secure as you want.

05-14-19 03:25 PM

For what its worth, the KEY2 LE is 24g lighter than the KEYone which makes for a considerably more effortless typing experience, oh and the keys are 10% bigger so that helps too.
    05-14-19 03:29 PM
    For what its worth, the KEY2 LE is 24g lighter than the KEYone which makes for a considerably more effortless typing experience, oh and the keys are 10% bigger so that helps too.
    Yes, I'm impressed with both the KEY2 and the KEY2 LE, except for the Android part.

05-14-19 04:00 PM
    Yes, I'm impressed with both the KEY2 and the KEY2 LE, except for the Android part.

I’m impressed with both the Key2 LE and the Android part.
    I really think they work well together and BlackBerry should themselves have moved in this direction sooner instead of the BB10 experiment which was too little, too late. Things might be much better if they had.
    BB10 might have had a chance if it had been ready 3-5 years sooner. We’ll never know now though.
    05-14-19 04:12 PM
    I’m impressed with both the Key2 LE and the Android part.
    I really think they work well together and BlackBerry should themselves have moved in this direction sooner instead of the BB10 experiment which was too little, too late. Things might be much better if they had.
    BB10 might have had a chance if it had been ready 3-5 years sooner. We’ll never know now though.
    I agree on the business side of things. I don't think there was ever a scenario where BlackBerry would have had much success with consumers as the decision makers.

Android is fine for launching and switching apps, but I would prefer a file-oriented OS with core integral features over Android's hodge-podge of third-party apps where the designers never collaborated to build integrated work flows. Something as simple as calling or sending an email to a new contact and saving notes from the call are much harder than they need to be in Android, IMO.

05-14-19 06:58 PM

Ok but that said, you still bought a keyone, so I figured you have some level of acceptance for Android.

The LE is just a better hardware package overall than the KEYone imo
    05-14-19 07:16 PM
    Ok but that said, you still bought a keyone, so I figured you have some level of acceptance for Android.

The LE is just a better hardware package overall than the KEYone imo
    Sure, I even prefer it to iOS, but that's like saying I prefer being eaten by a lion to a slow death from cancer. When it comes to iOS vs. Android, my basic response is still, "Really, are those my only choices?"

I know why I bought my KEYone, and I don't regret it. It's met all my expectations. And I agree the second generation phones are improvements. I'm planning to keep my KEYone until early 2021 if possible, and I'd be thrilled if it were my first and last Android.

But, if I could just use my BB10 phones for a few more years instead, with no more updates, I would rather do that.

05-14-19 08:40 PM
    Sure, I even prefer it to iOS, but that's like saying I prefer being eaten by a lion to a slow death from cancer.
    Lol, exaggerating a bit much?
    05-14-19 09:03 PM
31 12