Hi.
    I have a couple of issues with my Z30. This all started at the same time and I think it is somehow related. I did the volume up and down 10 second reset. No help. I can send and receive phone calls, text messages and mms. My issues are:

-When I click settings the settings app opens and it's just black with no options. It minimizes itself after a few seconds so I can't access it.
    -Wi-fi can be turned on, but does not connect to any of my saved networks. It's just on, does nothing and because I can't get into my setting I can't even get into the screen to select a network.
    -When I open my browser I can do one search and only on Bing. Google and Yahoo does not work. Going to a site does not work either. After I do that search I can't do another one until I turn off my mobile data and turn it back on.
    -On Blackberry World I can view it, do a search, but when I click download on an app it just greys out the Download button and does nothing.
    -When I try to connect to Blackberry Link I get "Cannot communicate with device"

My goal:
    Backup my text messages and contacts. This is why I have not tried a os reload yet. I can back up everything else on and sd card or transfer to my computer via bluetooth.
    Thanks in advance for your help
    02-14-17 07:32 PM
    You can use Link to back-up your phone. As it looks, only an OS reload is going to solve your problems. Have you tried holding the volume rockers for a bit longer than 10 seconds? Until the BlackBerry logo pops up.. Perhaps that might help.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 04:10 AM
    Yeah and it did not work. Is there a site where I can download blackberry apps like android apks, so I can manually transfer a app that backs up text messages onto a sd card?
    02-15-17 06:39 AM
    There's many out there. Why don't you check Amazon first, it's already installed on your device. Otherwise, just google it. You'll have to turn on a setting in order to install apps outside of BBW. Settings > Security > App management > Install apps > enable other sources. It would be wise to enable inspection of apps as well. Beware if you do install Android apps, you do so AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 07:18 AM
    I've already tried. Android apps made for backing up can only access contacts, not texts. What I meant is are there any sites that allow you to download native blackberry, not android apps, becuase I know there are apps out there I just can't download them via blackberry world
    02-15-17 07:27 AM
    Yeah, you can access BlackBerry World through your browser. I've never downloaded from there, but those options used to exist. Just google BlackBerry World and see what comes up. I advise you do it on your desktop, as the mobile browser just redirects you to the app.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 07:35 AM
    That's a good idea. I did not know you can do that. but I get a 502 error.
    02-15-17 07:09 PM
    Where do you get the 502 error? You have a screenshot?

Posted via CB10
    02-16-17 03:25 AM
    In google chrome. Now I get an exception
    Settings app is blank and minimizes-untitled.png
    02-16-17 05:04 AM
    Nevermind. Now it worked, but all it did was send me an email, not download the file. When I click the link in the email it brings me to the same page and does the same think.
    02-16-17 05:24 AM
    It doesn't open the app page in BBW?

Posted via CB10
    02-16-17 02:38 PM
    Hold on. Just to confirm. I am doing this on my desktop, not my phone. And If I did it on my phone in BBW it wouldn't matter anyways because after I click download on any program it just disables the download button and does nothing.
    02-17-17 05:35 AM
    Do you have parental controls on by any chance?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-17 11:32 AM
    Not that I know of, but I can't check because I can't get into my settings. I probably don't because I would not turn them on.
    02-18-17 08:45 PM