Hi All. I gave my daughter my BlackBerry Z10 that she uses on a plan that has only phone and texting capabilities. There is no data associated with the plan. We recently tried to set up her yahoo email account over my home wifi and unfortunately could not do this.

I went through the Settings/Accounts/add Account/Email etc. This did not work

I also tried Settings/Accounts/add Account/advanced/yahoo. This method also did not work.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Can you not set up an email account over wifi?

The phone is on 10.3.1

Thanks

Posted with my FREAKIN AWESOME PASSPORT!
    05-14-15 11:03 AM
    It should work just fine. I've set up Yahoo on several BB10 devices. I had a problem at one point but it was resolved when I deleted the account from my BB10 device and then recreated it. Over wifi alone should work great. I've done this a few times as well without a sim card at all in fact.

What server address is it trying to set you up with? and what ports for imap and for smtp?
    05-14-15 12:57 PM
    It's probably 2 step authentication causing issues. You either need to disable it or setup an app password.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 05:24 PM
    Server address is 'imap.mail.yahoo. com' and port is 993. Encryption is SSL

05-14-15 08:47 PM
    Mine shows rim.imap.mail.yahoo.com port 993 like yours.
    encryption is set to SSL

smtp is
    tim.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    port 465
    encryption is set to SMTP Encryption

username is the full email address

sorry for the late response.
    05-20-15 08:44 AM
    I just got a Z30 as a second phone and set up two yahoo email addresses over wifi just a couple of days ogo without a sim inserted. The best way to do it is settings > accounts > add account > advanced > yahoo. Also, under username (this is important), enter the email address. Not a username or nickname, it has to be the email address.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    05-20-15 09:01 AM
    Thanks for your reply. I've tried all of your suggestions with no luck. I'm really not sure what the problem is.

The thing that drives me e crazy is that I used the phone before with no email issues at all.

05-20-15 09:34 AM
    Try removing the "rim." in front of the yahoo incoming and outgoing servers.

imap.mail.yahoo.com.
    Port: 993
    smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Port: 465

Posted from my awesome Q10
    05-20-15 10:41 AM
    Have you tried with the SIM removed?
    05-20-15 11:32 AM
    Only thing left I can suggest is that a possible password mismatch is screwing it up. Try resetting the password via a web browser on a computer to something secure but basic characters. Then try recreating he account with the new password. I remember something flakey when I was setting up my daughter's email and the password was correct but it just would not work. I took it to mean I kept screwing up the password, and just set her password to something simple. Once I did that and created the account on her Z10 all worked fine and was able to set her password back to what she wanted and all worked fine after I updated th password on the phone at that point. Hope that helps.
    05-20-15 01:57 PM
    Tried with the sim and without the sim. Tried "rim" in the server address, tried without.

Changed the password from desktop computer.. still no luck.

Nothing works.

05-30-15 02:10 PM
    Did you wipe the phone?
    Also, did you create a new BlackBerry ID?

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    05-30-15 08:27 PM