I don't know how I go about searching this on CB so I decided to do a post. I'm sending my KEYᵒⁿᵉ in for repair. They assured me they will fix and not replace the phone. So my concern is my SD card. I formatted it so that it can't be used on any other device (Never had this on any other BlackBerry). So if for some reason send me a different phone and I restore my data that I backed up would my SD card with all 256G of data work? Would I have to format it again. I'm having a hard time since I have so much info on my SD. On my passport it was simple. Pop it out and pop it into the computer CUT and Paste. Now this SD card won't even work on my home computer. How do I back up my data without using wifi. I simply want to drag and drop my files. Is this possible? I'm sure I am not the only one with this issue. Please assist or assist me to the right thread
    02-13-18 09:49 PM
    Formatted it?
    You mean erased it?
    Or you are trying to say you encrypted it?
    In which case, just decrypt it before sending it for repairs and then pop it out.
    Or after decryption just connect it to your PC and cut paste it just like old times.
    https://m.crackberry.com/how-back-yo...ckberry-keyone

This should answer your questions regarding back up.
    But there is no BlackBerry Link type software for Android unfortunately. Everyone is moving everything to the cloud, fortunately or unfortunately.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-13-18 09:53 PM
    Well, if you still have your K1 right now with the SD card inside and everything working, I don't know about Windows but on Mac all you need is to download Android File Transfer, then connect your K1 via USB to the Mac, then go to developer options, scroll down to Select USB Configuration, and select MTP (Media Transfer Protocol). The second you do that, Android File Transfer should immediately open up. It's a very basic simple interface, and on top there should then be 2 tabs. One for phone, and the other for SD card. Click on that one and you should be able to view all your files, you can then drag anything you want from there onto your Mac.
    I'm guessing Windows has a similar procedure?
    02-14-18 05:38 AM
    The only way to encrypt an SD card on a KEYᵒⁿᵉ is to format it as adoptable storage - which is basically extended INTERNAL storage. Extracting the card will corrupt the device storage, and can't be read on any other device.

Get whatever you can off the device, and then you will have to wipe the device and then format the SD card as portable storage.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-15-18 05:07 PM