Hi so I have heard you can send and receive sms on bbm from none blackberry users. Is this true and if so how to activate on Q10. Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 05:09 PM
    Hmmmmmm.....
    BBM is a proprietary 'Internet-based' PIN instant messenger ...not SMS.
    09-10-15 07:25 PM
    The version of BBM on BBOS integrated SMS in it... sort of.... if that's what you mean

Posted via CB10
    Nelson Martinez2 likes this.
    09-10-15 07:34 PM
    BBM (no matter if it's on BBOS or BB10, iOS, Android or Windows Phone) and SMS use separate methods of transportation and have no application ties what so ever I swear!

Posted via CB10 and the BlackBerry Passport
    kgbbz10 and Nelson Martinez2 like this.
    09-10-15 10:40 PM
    BBM (no matter if it's on BBOS or BB10, iOS, Android or Windows Phone) and SMS use separate methods of transportation and have no application ties what so ever I swear!

Posted via CB10 and the BlackBerry Passport
    I know, it's a totally separate system. But on BBOS, you can add a SMS contact to BBM... and by pressing that contact, you can send an SMS to that person.

Posted via CB10
    tjseaman likes this.
    09-11-15 08:47 AM
    Hi so I have heard you can send and receive sms on bbm from none blackberry users. Is this true and if so how to activate on Q10. Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    You heard wrong.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 08:54 AM
    The version of BBM on BBOS integrated SMS in it... sort of.... if that's what you mean

Posted via CB10
    I remembered that

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 09:03 AM
    I know, it's a totally separate system. But on BBOS, you can add a SMS contact to BBM... and by pressing that contact, you can send an SMS to that person.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, I use to do all BBM and sms through the BBM app. It didn't send or receive sms as BBM message but allowed you to view sms contacts send and receive sms through the app so you only needed to open the BBM app.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    09-11-15 09:16 AM
    Yep, I use to do all BBM and sms through the BBM app. It didn't send or receive sms as BBM message but allowed you to view sms contacts send and receive sms through the app so you only needed to open the BBM app.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    But now, the equivalent is the "hub". You can send all your messages through the Hub. So OP, hope it helps you

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 10:17 AM