Hello
    I install an app on my Blackberry Key 2 PDR 63828-031 which did not work, this led me to look at the updates on the phone which led to realizing that the version of the Key2 stopped having updates in 2018.
    There are threads on this issue however could someone please clarify for me if new security updates may be somehow install on this device or is it stuck on the 2018 updates. Many thanks
    04-05-21 08:00 AM
    Hello
    I install an app on my Blackberry Key 2 PDR 63828-031 which did not work, this led me to look at the updates on the phone which led to realizing that the version of the Key2 stopped having updates in 2018.
    There are threads on this issue however could someone please clarify for me if new security updates may be somehow install on this device or is it stuck on the 2018 updates. Many thanks
    You have the variant specifically provided by Optiemus for the Indian market. They stopped supporting the product in late 2018.

The latest autoloaders will not work with that variant. You are stuck.
    04-05-21 09:13 AM
    Hello
    Thank you for your reply.
    There is a thread relating to PDR 63828-031 install of ABT 974.7z security updates from April 2019. Would this be of any significant use? Also what does being stuck on the 2018 build mean. That apps will as they get updated stop working ? That the phone could be more easily hacked? or is it just that the phone will stay as it is without any improvements ? Many thanks again
    04-05-21 10:28 AM
    Hello
    Thank you for your reply.
    There is a thread relating to PDR 63828-031 install of ABT 974.7z security updates from April 2019. Would this be of any significant use? Also what does being stuck on the 2018 build mean. That apps will as they get updated stop working ? That the phone could be more easily hacked? or is it just that the phone will stay as it is without any improvements ? Many thanks again
    The OS you refer to is the only one you can install on your device - beyond what Optiemus provided. However, you will lose Google certification if you do so - meaning no Google Pay (not Play), Google Messages, and some other apps.

You are better to stick with what you have.

Since I always recommend never going beyond 3 months without a security patch on ANY Android device (for security reasons), I would recommend getting a new device (Samsung, Apple, or Google) or, at the very least, using extreme caution.
    04-05-21 03:02 PM