Phone: BB Motion. up to date bar the last update i think. (android 7.x?)

Took phone out of pocket, was prompting for pattern unlock (too many fingerprint tries, assume while fumbling around in my pocket)

Have always used picture lock or pin and set pattern up 2 years ago when I first got the phone. Tried a couple of patterns i thought it would be.. no luck. triced lots of locking the screen, turning screen off/on etc to get it to prompt for either fingerprint, pin or picture lock. None of them did. previosuly after installing android updates i have had to enter the pin after the restart. most will restart and boot up to lock screen where i have used fingerprint or picture unlock then. restarted phone and now it wont boot until pattern is entered. so no chance with fingerprint now. I put in a couple of more patterns thinking (foolishly) that it would prompt at 5 failed for a different kind of auth (ie PIN) it hasnt... i now have 2 tried left before its wiped.

Can anything be done here? ie forcing it someway to ask me for my PIN and not the pattern. bare i mind its not locked its on boot and im on 8/10 and so far it hasnt asked or prompted i any way to use a different method.
    01-07-20 12:51 PM
    Phone: BB Motion. up to date bar the last update i think. (android 7.x?)

Took phone out of pocket, was prompting for pattern unlock (too many fingerprint tries, assume while fumbling around in my pocket)

Have always used picture lock or pin and set pattern up 2 years ago when I first got the phone. Tried a couple of patterns i thought it would be.. no luck. triced lots of locking the screen, turning screen off/on etc to get it to prompt for either fingerprint, pin or picture lock. None of them did. previosuly after installing android updates i have had to enter the pin after the restart. most will restart and boot up to lock screen where i have used fingerprint or picture unlock then. restarted phone and now it wont boot until pattern is entered. so no chance with fingerprint now. I put in a couple of more patterns thinking (foolishly) that it would prompt at 5 failed for a different kind of auth (ie PIN) it hasnt... i now have 2 tried left before its wiped.

Can anything be done here? ie forcing it someway to ask me for my PIN and not the pattern. bare i mind its not locked its on boot and im on 8/10 and so far it hasnt asked or prompted i any way to use a different method.
    At this point, all you can do is remember, or let it wipe the device.
    01-08-20 04:51 AM
    I also had this problem the other day when I stupidly just forgot the pattern I'd set 2hrs earlier. I tried everything I could think of but there doesn't seem to be any way around it. One tip though - eject your memory card (if you have one) before you enter the last attempt and let it wipe the device. I stupidly left my card inserted, and lost all my photos when the device was wiped. Gutted.
    01-08-20 07:02 AM
    I also had this problem the other day when I stupidly just forgot the pattern I'd set 2hrs earlier. I tried everything I could think of but there doesn't seem to be any way around it. One tip though - eject your memory card (if you have one) before you enter the last attempt and let it wipe the device. I stupidly left my card inserted, and lost all my photos when the device was wiped. Gutted.
    That can only happen if you set up your card as adoptable storage. Even if you had pulled the card first, it would have been unreadable.
    01-08-20 07:20 AM
    I see, another thing I didn't know. I don't remember setting it up as adoptable storage, but I must have done.
    01-08-20 07:34 AM