How can I choose Google as my engine in the browser? It appears that Bing is a default setting.
    06-20-17 07:20 PM
    Never mind. Got it.
    06-21-17 06:08 AM
    how to get Google as default browser?
    06-21-17 02:10 PM
    Well I'm sure much has changed in the last four years when the last person actually posted right before you.

Welcome to Crack berry!!!!! Post early and post often....
    Not really... Google is still the big dog in search. There are a number of other options, especially in different markets like China's Baidu or Russia's Yandex (popular in India) or for specific information searches like CC Search or Swisscows.

DuckDuckGo would be the only one I'd recommend... I do use Bing from time to time, but just because I'm too lazy to change the default on EDGE... but I end up typing in google when Bing fails me.

SCMagi might have offered up some of the so many better alternatives and why they are better....
    04-08-21 11:33 AM
    I default to duckduckgo too but also like Startpage, which has options for simple or advanced searches too. Different search engines will give you different results on some topics, it's quite an eye-opener to find out about that for those who want do more than 'just google it.'
    04-09-21 12:10 PM
    I default to duckduckgo too but also like Startpage, which has options for simple or advanced searches too. Different search engines will give you different results on some topics, it's quite an eye-opener to find out about that for those who want do more than 'just google it.'
    You might like duckduckstart. I kid you not. It's my default search engine now: https://duckduckstart.com/
    04-09-21 02:36 PM
    Thanks! It seemed to just flip me to Startpage for the results.
    04-09-21 03:12 PM
    Thanks! It seemed to just flip me to Startpage for the results.
    That's the design. It uses Startpage if you just do a search. It uses DuckDuckGo if you precede the search with a ! -- like !g, !b, !gi, etc.
    04-09-21 08:17 PM
    Your question is not correct, Google is a search engine, not a browser. The browser is called google chrome, and usually it cannot be installed by the main browser if a different one is initially installed on the system by default.
    That was intended for another topic. And in any case on Android data is the Google app.
    For it seems you actually need it to use inbuilt voice to text. The Google app functions as search engine and has taken over AI and Google assistant functionality. And yes the Google search engine is built into the Google app. And this is called Google not Google Chrome which it does not rely heavily on.
    04-14-21 01:22 AM
    I think Google is the best search engine ever.
    I do keep falling back to Google most the time.... nice to try others and see what they are best at.
    04-15-21 07:39 AM
    Just need to type keyword in the url bar then....do as it's shown in the screenshots.

04-15-21 09:28 PM