I have a Z10 with the latest update (10.3.1.1581 I think), never put any leaks on the phone, had the same exact issues back when I had 10.2 and 10.1. This is a 64Gb card.
    Currently I'm playing music that I've moved to the card previously, it's working fine. Last night, however, I downloaded some new music and moved it over to the card, but when I did the music wouldn't play ("unsupported media format"... even though it's all .mp3). So I restarted the phone, now the music isn't even seen by the native music app or even VLC. YET, I'm still able to play music and watch videos on the card that I'd moved to it previously.
    I've also had the same issue as others with not being able to delete files/folders. Usually restarting the device fixes that for me, usually.
    I've thought long and hard about this and the only difference in what I did with the new media vs the old media is that I played the old media on the device before I moved it to the card. Could encryption be the cause?

To clarify, I formatted the card through the phone, no computers have ever been involved (don't have one), and the card has been encrypted the whole time (along with the device)... I'm gonna try decrypting the card to see if that fixes the issue, although I'm not getting my hopes up because I'm 99% sure that I've tried that before (like a year ago).

Any help is greatly greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time guys, sorry for the long post.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 12:01 PM
    I think you are supposed to decrypt the card before updating your phone. Has decryption worked?
    02-25-15 12:14 PM
    Tried decrypting the card. All of the media currently on it plays. I re-downloaded the same music, tested all 118 tracks (Alan Watts lectures), confirmed everything was good and moved it all to the card. Most of the files play, but a good portion (seems to be random) give the "unsupported media format" error. Maybe it's a transfer issue and not the card? My brain is boggled.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 05:48 PM
    I may be wrong but I think the Z10 only supports a 32gig micro SD, I would find out if I were you as I use a 32gig micro SD in mine and have not had any issues. But I probably don't use it as much as you do. Just a thought. I don't remember for sure but I think that's why I bought a 32gig micro SD.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 05:53 PM
    I may be wrong but I think the Z10 only supports a 32gig micro SD, I would find out if I were you as I use a 32gig micro SD in mine and have not had any issues. But I probably don't use it as much as you do. Just a thought. I don't remember for sure but I think that's why I bought a 32gig micro SD.

Posted via CB10
    All BlackBerry 10 devices will support SD cards larger than 32 GB, so long as the larger cards are formatted on the handset. I've used a 64 GB card in both my Z10 and my Q10 with no issues due to the size.

Is there any commonality to the files that don't play: same file format, ripped from the same album, same bitrate, or made from the same application? I've had issues with FLAC files on my devices that were ripped at high bandwidth levels. I've also had a few that the music player wouldn't touch, but the file manager would open and play through its own player. You could try using a desktop programme like Audacity to resample the files at a lower bitrate or try converting them to a different format and see if the issue is still there.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 05:10 AM
    It's an issue with any file. I just tried to upload a photo from my media card... error. The properties say "read/write", but when I try to view the photo (or any photo on the card) it won't let me (gives the broken file logo on top of a black background). I can't even move or copy them somewhere else (permission denied... makes no sense).
    It seems that this card is basically a 64Gb trash can. Anything I put in it I can no longer use. Which especially sucks because there are things in there I can't replace.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 10:04 AM
    1. Get access to a PC and use Windows explorer to copy ALL from your Sdcard to a new folder on PC.
    2. Replace your Sdcard. Never encrypt the new Sdcard unless you really have a requirement.
    3. Using your device, format new card.
    4. Using PC, copy from new folder (step 1) to new Sdcard.
    ... my two cents

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    02-28-15 10:43 AM
    1. Get access to a PC and use Windows explorer to copy ALL from your Sdcard to a new folder on PC.
    2. Replace your Sdcard. Never encrypt the new Sdcard unless you really have a requirement.
    3. Using your device, format new card.
    4. Using PC, copy from new folder (step 1) to new Sdcard.
    ... my two cents

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    And buy a high quality SD card. Personally, I use a SanDisk Ultra class 10 64gb card and have never had any problems with it.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    02-28-15 01:36 PM
    Ok, I'll have to try that when I finally get the device working again... did a wipe and it quit half-way through. Now my device is bricked. I've got another thread addressing that issue though. Thanks for the help everyone, I think I'll avoid encrypting in the future unless I start working for the Pentagon or something. ;-)
    06-29-15 08:41 AM