With the current news of BlackBerry and the BlackBerry10 OS; being a BlackBerry and specifically a BlackBerry10 Lover, I've decided to continue to use the products and the BB10 OS, till it's nolonger a viable solution.
    - That being said, I'm looking to equip my device with the best apps in all categories in anticipation of a day when they may nolonger be available or supported. Although, BlackBerry did a good job with Android app Integration to fill the app gap, there's nothing I found that substitutes for the Permission Setting available on an app Built for BlackBerry. ( if you're aware of something else please share.) For example, my go to app by far for Navigation was:" Magellan Compass Maps" it had crazy functionality. But it didn't make the transition to BB10.3. Here's the link showing the features ; o2 interactive: Magellan Compass
    I like to ask if anyone knows of apps of this nature, with strong full featured functionality, full permission setting, and BlackBerry 10 Integration Capacity . These are the type of apps ( in all categories) , I'd like to stockpile my device with, for the long run. The Best of the Best of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by KNEBB; 04-19-16 at 06:00 AM.
    04-19-16 05:41 AM
    With the current news of BlackBerry and the BlackBerry10 OS; being a BlackBerry and specifically a BlackBerry10 Lover, I've decided to continue to use the products and the BB10 OS, till it's nolonger a viable solution.
    - That being said, I'm looking to equip my device with the best apps in all categories in anticipation of a day when they may nolonger be available or supported. Although, BlackBerry did a good job with Android app Integration to fill the app gap, there's nothing I found that substitutes for the Permission Setting available on an app Built for BlackBerry. ( if you're aware of something else please share.) For example, my go to app by far for Navigation was:" Magellan Compass Maps" it had crazy functionality. But it didn't make the transition to BB10.3. Here's the link showing the features ; o2 interactive: Magellan Compass
    I like to ask if anyone knows of apps of this nature, with strong full featured functionality, full permission setting, and BlackBerry 10 Integration Capacity . These are the type of apps ( in all categories) , I'd like to stockpile my device with, for the long run. The Best of the Best of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Stockpiling some apps is a waste of time. As some just aren't stand alone apps, they require connection to data on a server somewhere. Data that once the Developer changes API, might not be accessible.

I do remember Magellan Compass on my PlayBook.... But on my Z10 I just stuck with BlackBerry Maps - liked using Google Maps, but functionality was hit or miss without patching. I have heard a few good things about MAPS.ME for off line maps.

Might be nice to see a "best of" BlackBerry World Apps.... but then how many of them will have had an update in a year?
    04-19-16 08:49 AM
    I have heard a few good things about MAPS.ME for off line maps.
    This one is a keeper IMHO. Especially for off-line.
    04-19-16 09:00 AM