Hey guys ... just saw an article and watched snippets of the video of the foldable phone unveiling. Is it me, or does it look just like the passport (minus keyboard) when it is expanded?

Take a look.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/samsung-invest-22-billion-ai-2020-183948602--finance.html
    11-07-18 04:16 PM
    Not really. That didn't even cross my mind.
    11-07-18 04:18 PM
    "does it look just like the passport (minus keyboard) when it is expanded?"

Looks super cool, thanks for posting. It did look like the Passport form factor to me.
    11-08-18 08:02 PM
    Its just a wee bit wider than a passport....but it reminds me of the z20/20 concept foldable phone replacement for both a Playbook and a bb10 phone (maybe z30 time 2). ....much like the ZTE-axon m
    11-08-18 11:37 PM
    No pkb, no interest for me
    11-10-18 05:05 PM
    No pkb, no interest for me
    I believe there are detachable keyboards specifically suited to the device
    11-11-18 06:03 AM
    I believe there are detachable keyboards specifically suited to the device
    That samsung foldable is a prototype that was just teased. Did they mention a keyboard accessory?
    11-11-18 06:50 AM
    That samsung foldable is a prototype that was just teased. Did they mention a keyboard accessory?
    It wasn't the only prototype kicking around at the event and some of work connected to different types of keyboard
    11-11-18 06:53 AM
    It wasn't the only prototype kicking around at the event and some of work connected to different types of keyboard
    Right but it would be nice if it's a clip on keyboard case similar to S7/S8/N8 instead of something you have to put face down on a table to use
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    11-11-18 07:09 AM
    Right but it would be nice if it's a clip on keyboard case similar to S7/S8/N8 instead of something you have to put face down on a table to use
    For that you will probably required to separate keyboards. One to be used with the closed device and the other to be used with the open device. There are a few multiple foldable keyboards either in circulation or under development but not specifically to match the frame of the foldable device. The fold out keyboard will be a separate attachment. As a keyboard for the clothes device will fit just like the S8 etc
    Needless to say you will have to take the keyboard off to fold out the phone. But I think Samsung are working on a unique version for themselves
    11-11-18 07:13 AM
    For that you will probably required to separate keyboards. One to be used with the closed device and the other to be used with the open device. There are a few multiple foldable keyboards either in circulation or under development but not specifically to match the frame of the foldable device. The fold out keyboard will be a separate attachment. As a keyboard for the clothes device will fit just like the S8 etc
    Needless to say you will have to take the keyboard off to fold out the phone. But I think Samsung are working on a unique version for themselves
    As long as the PKB can be clipped and used as part of the smartphone and preferably without needing bluetooth, then I'd find it interesting.

Those generic bluetooth keyboards that require you putting the device down on a table with a stand are annoying.
    11-11-18 07:54 AM