Read a interesting article today where Samsung customers are complaining about the fact they can't delete the Facebook app from their phones only disabling the app. I can smell a class action lawsuit coming here.
    01-09-19 10:29 AM
    Well... You do realize that this has been a thing on almost any android phone for some time now, right?

And - disabling the app is basically the same as deleting it. So, I don't really get what you are trying to say.
    01-09-19 12:02 PM
    Yeah. The class action should have started years ago.

I disabled FB on my S8 the day I got it.
    01-09-19 12:06 PM
    Well... You do realize that this has been a thing on almost any android phone for some time now, right?

And - disabling the app is basically the same as deleting it. So, I don't really get what you are trying to say.
    But can you say 100% that disabling the app it's still not collecting data about your activities...... Just asking
    01-09-19 02:51 PM
    But can you say 100% that disabling the app it's still not collecting data about your activities...... Just asking
    It can't collect anything if it's not logged in, and not even running.
    01-09-19 04:50 PM
    Read a interesting article today where Samsung customers are complaining about the fact they can't delete the Facebook app from their phones only disabling the app. I can smell a class action lawsuit coming here.
    That's the dumbest misinfo I've heard in a while. The app isn't installed, it's nothing more than an icon/stub. You actually have to tap on it and download the full app in order for it to do anything.
    01-09-19 05:27 PM
    It can't collect anything if it's not logged in, and not even running.
    Yes, because it was never installed in the first place. As mentioned, it's pretty much just an icon.
    01-09-19 05:29 PM
    Yeah. The class action should have started years ago.

I disabled FB on my S8 the day I got it.
    Waste of everyone's time and effort if THAT'S the basis for it. Would take longer to prepare than for it to be tossed out.
    01-09-19 05:32 PM
    Samsung phones have Facebook system apps running in the background you don't even see. You can also disable those system apps using certain utilities, but the only way to remove them completely is to root the phone.
    01-09-19 06:24 PM
    Well, besides Facebook itself, I've disabled the FB App Manager and App Installer. Turned off all permissions for all three, restricted mobile data, and all three show no data or battery usage ever.

Besides, how would it track me if it's not even logged in to know who to track?
    01-09-19 07:46 PM
    Well, besides Facebook itself, I've disabled the FB App Manager and App Installer. Turned off all permissions for all three, restricted mobile data, and all three show no data or battery usage ever.

Besides, how would it track me if it's not even logged in to know who to track?
    Exactly. People become concerned with their "security and privacy" and fail to understand basic concepts.
    01-10-19 08:44 AM