I am wondering about the possibility of using the Signal app on an Android tablet that gets its connection through my BB10 phone. Is this possible somehow? Could it also be done through a PC? I did download Signal onto my laptop but then it seems I would still need either an Android or Apple phone to make it work. Don't understand why it has to be like this given it is just using the internet and not a mobile network.
    01-11-21 10:27 PM
    not 100 percent sure how Signal works but could you not just use the mobile hotspot feature from the BB10 device to provide data to the tablet?
    01-11-21 10:36 PM
    I am wondering about the possibility of using the Signal app on an Android tablet that gets its connection through my BB10 phone. Is this possible somehow? Could it also be done through a PC? I did download Signal onto my laptop but then it seems I would still need either an Android or Apple phone to make it work. Don't understand why it has to be like this given it is just using the internet and not a mobile network.
    Signal requires a phone number to register - just like whatsapp. The phone number does not need to be on the device you want to use Signal on. All you need is any number to receive the one-time sms code. You could use online VOIP services with a temporary number, or a pre-paid sim card.

The Signal desktop app however is not a standalone app. It simply links with your existing Signal account which must first be created using the Android or iOS app and a phone number.
    01-11-21 11:11 PM
    Signal requires a phone number to register - just like whatsapp. The phone number does not need to be on the device you want to use Signal on. All you need is any number to receive the one-time sms code. You could use online VOIP services with a temporary number, or a pre-paid sim card.

The Signal desktop app however is not a standalone app. It simply links with your existing Signal account which must first be created using the Android or iOS app and a phone number.
    Thanks. I do believe this answers my question. We currently can use Whatsapp on our BB10 phones but all our friends and family are ditching Whatsapp for Signal so was looking for a way forward without surrendering our BB10 phones. Thanks again.
    01-11-21 11:56 PM