Any truth to rumors of BlackBerry making phones again?
    02-23-20 10:19 AM
    nope
    02-23-20 10:25 AM
    There’s a better chance of the 80s band Night Ranger doing a recut of Rumors in the Air, than a new BB phone
    02-24-20 06:54 PM
    there is an article on Crackberry with John Chen saying he's thinking of Blackberry possibly making phones again.
    02-24-20 07:02 PM
    Nope...it was Chen sharing a joke with a Bank CEO
    there is an article on Crackberry with John Chen saying he's thinking of Blackberry possibly making phones again.
    02-24-20 07:06 PM
    well. i may have to go Unihertz then. i HATE virtual keyboards
    Gtrxuone and Grungni like this.
    02-24-20 07:08 PM
    well. i may have to go Unihertz then. i HATE virtual keyboards
    The KEY² is a far better choice than the Titan. Not even close.
    02-24-20 07:24 PM
    Does it work for Verizon?
    02-24-20 07:25 PM
    Does it work for Verizon?
    Sure. Provision SIM for CDMA-less.
    02-24-20 07:26 PM
    02-24-20 07:27 PM
    Nope...it was Chen sharing a joke with a Bank CEO
    Yes it was but CrackBerry went with it anyways to post the article lol.
    02-25-20 11:36 AM
    Yes it was but CrackBerry went with it anyways to post the article lol.
    Then others here posted a billion times about it next....
    02-25-20 06:28 PM
    Then others here posted a billion times about it next....
    It's one thing when forum members post, it's another when CB posts and say "Chen is showing interest" when they all know full well it was a joke.
    02-25-20 06:33 PM
    I'm not going to able to sleep tonight.
    It's one thing when forum members post, it's another when CB posts and say "Chen is showing interest" when they all know full well it was a joke.
    grover5 likes this.
    02-25-20 06:43 PM
    I'm not going to able to sleep tonight.
    Yes I get. I'm talking for people who don't spend every waking hour here and are just looking for info on BlackBerry, that article would have lead them to believe that BlackBerry is actually thinking of getting back into hardware. And we (especially the CB editors) all know that not going to happen.
    02-25-20 06:58 PM
    Yes I get. I'm talking for people who don't spend every waking hour here and are just looking for info on BlackBerry, that article would have lead them to believe that BlackBerry is actually thinking of getting back into hardware. And we (especially the CB editors) all know that not going to happen.
    What?!?!? I’m stuck on iOS now?
    02-25-20 08:06 PM
    What?!?!? I’m stuck on iOS now?
    Better you than me.
    Grungni likes this.
    02-25-20 11:21 PM
    For fun can some former group of BlackBerry Engineers stick qnx-bb10 on some latest 64bit Arm soc by Easter of this or next year, to prove it doesn't take a billion engineers a million years to perform such a task, by migrating the given ios/android/linux device drivers (if even needed).
    02-25-20 11:34 PM
    For fun can some former group of BlackBerry Engineers stick qnx-bb10 on some latest 64bit Arm soc by Easter of this or next year, to prove it doesn't take a billion engineers a million years to perform such a task, by migrating the given ios/android/linux device drivers (if even needed).
    I am surprised we haven't gotten many Ex-BlackBerry folks to show up on CrackBerry with the "experience" of what happened.... seen a couple, most notable the guy that was with the Clock group.

Did no one take how a copy of BB10 for the PlayBook that they could leak? (that wink was to indicate sarcasm)
    02-26-20 07:33 AM
    No.
    02-26-20 07:34 AM
    No.
    Oh come on, you know back in the day a few of them got together and put full Android 5 with GPS on their personal BB10 phones....
    02-26-20 09:29 AM
    Oh come on, you know back in the day a few of them got together and put full Android 5 with GPS on their personal BB10 phones....
    Full disclosure: it did take an entire three day weekend.....
    02-26-20 09:45 AM
    No.
    Well of Course with the CEO's blessings...on personal time...and no leaking secrets...that's got to be more fun than casual fridays. Show the world the results of course...everywhere simultaneously...get big media attention and then let the CEO kill it on Friday for more media attention - henny penny style--bankruptcy worries if launched etc, and then maybe change his mind at a meeting with some big bankers on a Monday for crazy attention.
    02-26-20 04:38 PM
    Well of Course with the CEO's blessings...on personal time...and no leaking secrets...that's got to be more fun than casual fridays. Show the world the results of course...everywhere simultaneously...get big media attention and then let the CEO kill it on Friday for more media attention - henny penny style--bankruptcy worries if launched etc, and then maybe change his mind at a meeting with some big bankers on a Monday for crazy attention.
    What BlackBerry engineers, I doubt there are even 50 still with the company that ever worked on mobile phones. Most of the old BB10 team now works for Apple, Google and many other companies that swooped in after BlackBerry cut most of the team.

I bet no one on the QNX team knows anything about BB10. The QNX team did not build BB10. They built a fork of QNX that was given to the BB10 team to use as the foundation of the mobile OS. Also, BlackBerry sent 400 engineers to Ford. Maybe you can contact Ford and see if they will let these engineers work on your side project.
    02-26-20 10:16 PM
    There is truth to the rumors, yes. There is also a fair bit of anecdotal, circumstantial evidence suggesting such a move is coming.

With that said, you will never get anyone else on Crackberry to admit this, so feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss the topic further.
    02-27-20 04:09 AM
60 123