I have installed a Ring Pro wifi video door bell. I do not usually get "motion" nor "Ring" notifications unless I have the Ring app open.
    I have the Keyone. I have allowed Background data and Unrestricted Data Usage. I have given it permissions for Microphone and Store.

I sometimes get a notification with the Ring app closed but it is rare. Why does it work once in a blue moon?

All incidents "rings and motion" appear in the logs and play fine.

Any suggestions why I'm not getting notifications on the phone? A setting I need to changes?
    09-19-17 04:28 PM
    Are you on the Sept update? if not, that's why. It'll be fixed when you get that.
    09-19-17 10:16 PM
    Thank you for the quick reply. I don't think I have it. Not sure how to check. Will update this thread if update does work.
    09-19-17 10:52 PM
    Thank you for the quick reply. I don't think I have it. Not sure how to check. Will update this thread if update does work.
    Settings then scroll to bottom and "about phone". You can see patch level in there. If you have an unlocked device, make sure to check for updates in the updates App itself in the App drawer.
    On a side note, if you want notifications to come through in the mean time till you get the Sept update, just leave the App open in your recent apps and it should work.
    09-19-17 11:21 PM
    Just got the Sept. update for my Keyone from Bell. I am now receiving the notifications from the Ring Keyone doorbell.

Thank for the help. Much appreciated.
    ray689 likes this.
    09-22-17 01:07 PM