My Tasks have been deleted somehow, which is disastrous. Is there any way to restore them please!
    10-31-18 02:02 PM
    Not that I'm aware of.
    10-31-18 02:44 PM
    This is very bad news, especially coming on the back of the Hub search nightmare from Friday through Tuesday. It appears that was due to the software update and miraculously resolved yesterday, presumably due to a patch. That seemed like good news until I realised that today my Tasks had been entirely depopulated without me doing anything to depopulate it! I’d been using Tasks to store info as there’s nothing else in the new BB that does that job anymore. OMG! Seems that in the course of a software upgrade we can lose all our precious stored info with no way to get it back! Yegods. I’ve been loyal through thick and thin since 2004 but honestly, if in the space of a week I can be subjected to two horror stories as big as these I might have to rethink it, even though I spent £500 less than 5 weeks ago on a Key2.

I’m just really sad about this. I soooo want it to work, but my life is being made almost impossible by the mega glitches going on. Get your act together new BlackBerry!
    10-31-18 05:15 PM
    My Tasks have been deleted somehow, which is disastrous. Is there any way to restore them please!
    Tasks and Notes need to be set up to sync with an Exchange account. Otherwise it exists only on your device.

Use Keep or Evernote going forward if you don't have an Exchange account.
    10-31-18 05:26 PM
    Hmmmmm. Thank god I have most of the info saved on my old 9720. Because it’s already clear that for all the frippery benefits of Android like Uber and WhatsApp, when it comes to the serious stuff like the safety, security and long term storage of serious information it is utterly useless.
    10-31-18 06:39 PM
    But anyway thank you Conite for the suggestion for Evernote. Given the vulnerability of Tasks to being wiped by a software update why isn’t this automatically installed? I’d never even heard of it.
    10-31-18 06:44 PM
    BTW is it secure?
    10-31-18 06:45 PM
    BTW is it secure?
    It is a renowned, professional cloud solution. You should have no issues.

Google Keep and Microsoft OneNote are also very solid.
    10-31-18 06:55 PM
    Thanks for that. Any further views on the possibility of rescuing lost info?
    10-31-18 07:03 PM
    Thanks for that. Any further views on the possibility of rescuing lost info?
    I'm afraid that if you wiped your device without syncing, it's gone.
    10-31-18 07:23 PM
    Whattttt? I did NOT wipe my device! This happened without any intervention from me! That’s what is so shocking.
    10-31-18 07:28 PM
    Whattttt? I did NOT wipe my device! This happened without any intervention from me! That’s what is so shocking.
    My bad - I inferred that's what happened.

You updated OTA? If so, that's the first I've EVER heard of that happening.
    10-31-18 07:31 PM
    I have no idea what OTA is, and haven’t initiated anything. I’m just a victim of automated stuff.
    10-31-18 07:41 PM
    I have no idea what OTA is, and haven’t initiated anything. I’m just a victim of automated stuff.
    OTA - over the air (the normal way).
    10-31-18 07:43 PM