I have a blackberry qwerty with me. That was my first smart phone which I brought. So I have a special affection for it even though it is completely damaged. It is broken and its display has gone. It is a useless stuff right now but I still love that more than my one plus 3T. I don't have any special affection to other blackberry phones but I love that phone much. My parents always asked me to throw away that phone because most of the time I curdle it. My father says, those components are hazardous to the environment and never carry for a long time. But I always want it to be with me that I carry them where ever I go. It became a part of my life. Dad took yet another step now, he is planning to call a junk removal company from Toronto to remove unwanted electronics from home. I don't want my BlackBerry to be taken off from me. I have only one option to service it and make it works. Is it possible to do? Can I get it back to life? Would like to get your suggestions on this.
    Last edited by LoisJoh; 05-11-17 at 11:25 PM.
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    05-11-17 07:46 AM
    "qwerty" is how the keyboard is set up. If you look at the top row of any keyboard you'll see the spelling. It's NOT the model.
    I still have my Passport and am very pleased with its performance but it's the last of its line off BB10 devices as Blackberry has gone Android!
    So, in your case, it's really not worth rebuilding your device.
    That being said, Your best bet may be to go with the New KEYone which should be released to market in the U.S. very soon.
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-11-17 03:49 PM
    Your post doesn't say what phone you have or what "completely damaged" means.

If it a matter of fixing or replacing the phone... more info is need. But this site has many components... https://www.etradesupply.com/blackberry.html
    05-11-17 04:08 PM
    I have a blackberry qwerty with me. That was my first smart phone which I brought. So I have a special affection for it even though it is completely damaged. It is broken and its display has gone. It is a useless stuff right now but I still love that more than my one plus 3T. I don't have any special affection to other blackberry phones but I love that phone much. My parents always asked me to throw away that phone because most of the time I curdle it. My father says, those components are hazardous to the environment and never carry for a long time. But I always want it to be with me that I carry them where ever I go. It became a part of my life. Dad took yet another step now, he is planning to call a junk removal company from Toronto (https://www.junk-works.ca/services/items-we-take/) to remove unwanted electronics from home. I don't want my BlackBerry to be taken off from me. I have only one option to service it and make it works. Is it possible to do? Can I get it back to life? Would like to get your suggestions on this.
    I'm sure some part(s) of it might be used in rebuilding a working device. However, the model and carrier are important factors in determining whether it will still work as a phone even if fixed. Some cell phone frequencies (2G, CDMA) are falling into disuse.

In general, with the exception of some of the latest models, BlackBerries tend to be quite easy to repair.

P.S. Your Dad is right. Cuddling a broken smartphone is not a good idea. For so many reasons.
    05-11-17 04:28 PM