Hi, I have just moved from BB10 - z30 to BlackBerry android - dtek50, and I'm finding certain things frustrating. Like basically why didn't blackberry take all their standard apps and functions and replicate them on Android to save us the hassle of finding equivalent apps within play store and then trying them out to find that they are no good!?!

One issue I have found in terms of how I want to continue using my phone is that I want to remotely access files that are on my pc when I'm away from home, which I previously did on my z30 thanks to BlackBerry Link on my pc and the file manager on my z30. Evidently blackberry link isn't compatible with the android blackberrys, so is there another way I can do this - preferably not through something like chrome remote desktop which seems to replicate the desktop on to the phone.

tia
    06-06-17 04:00 AM
    I believe Solid Explorer has the access via FTP Server. Asus File manager has facility to add network place. But for Simplicity, function and speed, I use abFiles. It requires a download of the app on PC but it works fantastic over wifi and Mobile data. abFiles is by Acer and is highly recommended. They also make abMusic, abPhoto, abDoocs but abFiles should be all you need.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 04:33 AM
    No sense reinventing the wheel. Superior apps are already available on Play Store.

For remote file access, I simply create an FTP server on my laptop, and access it from Solid Explorer file manager on my device. But here are a couple of other options:
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/30146...n-your-pc.html
    06-06-17 04:38 AM
    AbFiles is the simplest method for me. Very reliable too.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by OzDude; 06-06-17 at 06:06 AM.
    06-06-17 04:58 AM
    Thanks for your help, having tried solid I've gone with abfiles, seems to do exactly what I want without any extra input from me.

As for reinventing the wheel, hardly given that a blackberry desktop program exists, I can't think it would have taken much to make BlackBerry file manager work on android.
    06-12-17 02:41 PM