ok, so, Q10 is the best electronic device i have ever owned. i know blackberry has migrated for good on android (and in my opinion it's the right move) but to put it simple does anyone know if BB10 devices will continue to 'work' as they do now in the long term future?

i love the lack of games/social apps/etc thing that is going on so but i'm not sure whether apps that i use right now like Mireo Navigation, Evernote or Writer could stop working at some point because the developer pulled the trigger or something.

The same applies to all the basic bb's native applications

thanks in advance
    07-11-17 02:26 PM
    ok, so, Q10 is the best electronic device i have ever owned. i know blackberry has migrated for good on android (and in my opinion it's the right move) but to put it simple does anyone know if BB10 devices will continue to 'work' as they do now in the long term future?

i love the lack of games/social apps/etc thing that is going on so but i'm not sure whether apps that i use right now like Mireo Navigation, Evernote or Writer could stop working at some point because the developer pulled the trigger or something.

The same applies to all the basic bb's native applications

thanks in advance
    If the apps don't depend on updates and they also don't depend on some kind of data link with the developer's server, then they should continue working. But while I don't know Mireo's arrangement - the their nav app need to continue to access their special server data for maps or points-of-interest, it could stop working. Or if you've downloaded maps to your device but they change something, you might not be able to get newer more current maps.

I would hope that the HUB's arrangement would still be able to grab gmail/other unless some drastic changes.

Others may be a better handle on such things.
    07-11-17 03:45 PM