I just upgraded to a Key2 and I have somehow turned off my red star indicator for new messages. The star appeared initially but is no longer showing up when a new message arrives. The most recent change to my phone was installing android auto.

I have tried the 32 second reboot mentioned in an older thread but that didn't work. Any suggestions?
    12-18-19 04:37 PM
    I just upgraded to a Key2 and I have somehow turned off my red star indicator for new messages. The star appeared initially but is no longer showing up when a new message arrives. The most recent change to my phone was installing android auto.

I have tried the 32 second reboot mentioned in an older thread but that didn't work. Any suggestions?
    Did you accidentally select "do not disturb" or "priority" mode? Check your quick settings.
    12-18-19 06:19 PM
    Did you accidentally select "do not disturb" or "priority" mode? Check your quick settings.
    My do not disturb is off and I am not on priority mode. Wouldn't the red star still appear even if those were on? I didn't think it was possible to turn off the little notification star.
    12-18-19 06:32 PM
    My do not disturb is off and I am not on priority mode. Wouldn't the red star still appear even if those were on? I didn't think it was possible to turn off the little notification star.
    Is this only happening with HUB email?
    12-18-19 07:32 PM
    Is this only happening with HUB email?
    It is happening for all messages, Hub, individual mail boxes, What's App and Message (text). The flashing light still works and the sound notification works but no red star. I do not have all my texts going into my Hub.
    12-18-19 11:36 PM
    It is happening for all messages, Hub, individual mail boxes, What's App and Message (text). The flashing light still works and the sound notification works but no red star. I do not have all my texts going into my Hub.
    Just to clarify, are you getting splats on the Messages and WhatsApp icons?
    Last edited by conite; 12-19-19 at 10:44 AM.
    12-19-19 07:15 AM
    Just to clarify, are you getting splats on the Messeges and WhatsApp icons?
    Not sure what you mean by "splats". If you mean the red star, no, I am not getting them on any form of communication. Not even on my phone messages or other apps that occasionally send messages.
    12-19-19 08:38 AM
    You have a choice between a dot and numbers.
    But how you get is in launcher setup somewhere.
    12-19-19 09:53 AM
    You have a choice between a dot and numbers.
    But how you get is in launcher setup somewhere.
    I found the "show notification dot" in Blackberry launcher. It was turned on. I tried turning it on and off and still do not get the "dot" I did not see any option to make it a number as you suggested.
    12-19-19 10:18 AM
    I messaged a person on a previous thread and they solved the problem. Settings - Search for "notification access" Turn Blackberry Launcher on (mine was off). Also make sure in apps/blackberry launcher your "allow notification dot" is turned on.

Thanks for all who replied!
    Gina_HB likes this.
    12-19-19 01:09 PM
    i have the same issue but 'notification access' is already turned on, 'allow notification dot' is already turned on, everything is turned on. it just seemingly randomly seems to have stopped giving the blinking lights
    12-20-19 08:21 AM
    Just for clarification....I'm pretty certain it is not a "Red-Star", nor a "Splat", but rather a "Spark"....as in a new idea, or incoming message to the brain....er user.
    (Seems to be some previous discussions on the "Spark" "Email Spark Notifications" do a search on it. Don't know if it solves your particulars. Okay I am talking about BB10 and not Android, so dot and numbers may be more applicable)
    12-24-19 11:03 PM