I have been testing some of the BlackBerry software on Android, and I really like the concept of the Hub Inbox app (I'm late to the game). I noticed that when I receive notifications that filter through the Hub app, the app does not display the red notification dot or count on the app icon. I have tried with both the stock OnePlus 6 launcher and the Microsoft Launcher. I am running Android 10. Is this a known issue or bug, or is this just the way it's always been? This is almost a deal breaker, as I never know if I have new notifications (WhatsApp, Telegram, GroupMe, etc.). I'd like to love this app and I want to buy a Key 2, but this is deterring me.
    03-19-20 03:59 PM
    I have been testing some of the BlackBerry software on Android, and I really like the concept of the Hub Inbox app (I'm late to the game). I noticed that when I receive notifications that filter through the Hub app, the app does not display the red notification dot or count on the app icon. I have tried with both the stock OnePlus 6 launcher and the Microsoft Launcher. I am running Android 10. Is this a known issue or bug, or is this just the way it's always been? This is almost a deal breaker, as I never know if I have new notifications (WhatsApp, Telegram, GroupMe, etc.). I'd like to love this app and I want to buy a Key 2, but this is deterring me.
    Make sure you allow all permissions for both HUB+ Services and HUB+ Inbox.
    03-19-20 05:02 PM
    I've done that, confirmed multiple times, tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and tried installing services and hub in different orders.
    03-19-20 05:09 PM
    I've also confirmed that Hub Inbox does not request notifications permissions.

https://imgur.com/a/53wZiaQ
    03-19-20 05:13 PM
    I've done that, confirmed multiple times, tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and tried installing services and hub in different orders.
    Did you try the BlackBerry Launcher?
    03-19-20 07:07 PM
    Did you try the BlackBerry Launcher?
    Yes, I did try the BB launcher, and it requests notification access and displays the "spark" on the app icon. Is there a way to get the notification count or dot on the app icon without using the BB launcher? I'd prefer to use the Microsoft Launcher with BB software. This seems like an oversight and/or ridiculous requirement to have to install the launcher to achieve this basic interface feature.
    03-19-20 09:17 PM
    Yes, I did try the BB launcher, and it requests notification access and displays the "spark" on the app icon. Is there a way to get the notification count or dot on the app icon without using the BB launcher? I'd prefer to use the Microsoft Launcher with BB software. This seems like an oversight and/or ridiculous requirement to have to install the launcher to achieve this basic interface feature.
    It's a function of the Launcher. You will just have to find one that works properly. The HUB is sending the correct information.
    03-19-20 09:41 PM