User error with my new Key2 a couple of weeks ago which resulted in the device wiping itself including unfortunately my 64Gb sd card too.

Read up online and tried Photorec and Recuva with no data being found. Before I give up, can anyone in the UK recommend a company that might be able to recover the photos from the card?
    01-06-20 05:40 AM
    User error with my new Key2 a couple of weeks ago which resulted in the device wiping itself including unfortunately my 64Gb sd card too.

Read up online and tried Photorec and Recuva with no data being found. Before I give up, can anyone in the UK recommend a company that might be able to recover the photos from the card?
    Pop SD in a computer and run chkdsk from prompt with drive letter an F command.

On XP rub Scandisk.

It may just be a FAT table error, that only needs remapping.

As long as the disk was formatted as external use that's ok.
    But if it was formatted for internal use it would be encrypted and therefore unusable as far as data is concerned
    01-06-20 06:20 AM
    It was reformatted by the phone when the phone rebooted after it wiped itself. Is that what you mean as formatted for internal use?
    01-06-20 06:32 AM
    It was reformatted by the phone when the phone rebooted after it wiped itself. Is that what you mean as formatted for internal use?
    Chances are that your SD card was formatted for internal use, that means full encryption of the disk.
    Sorry but you are unlikely to be able to recover any data even with the master password.
    01-06-20 11:04 AM
    That's what I thought might have happened. Oh well, that'll teach me!
    01-06-20 11:08 AM