Hi - I haven't had my Key2 LE for very long (after switching back to 'berry from Samsung when they discontinued the physical keyboard case) but notice that the "Recents" folder in the Files app is 28.4GB already, for whatever reason.
    Therefore, when opening it, the "Loading Contents" therefore takes awhile to stop displaying, which is rather annoying, and seems, potentially, a huge waste of space if the contents are all copies.

So, I'd like to clear it - but first:

a) Is "Select All"/"Delete" (25,144 items; again, I'm not sure why, but doesn't matter) the best way to do it as opposed to some "Clear" function elsewhere and

b) More importantly - is this just deleting copies of the files, or are they originals? If the former, it's interesting that copies are made; wondering if there's a way to turn that off, and if the latter, not sure what to do instead other than manually copying (there's no Move option for a batch that big) and deleting, though that will be a big mess since it's copying everything from all relevant apps.

Thanks!
    08-29-19 05:27 AM
    a) Is "Select All"/"Delete" (25,144 items; again, I'm not sure why, but doesn't matter) the best way to do it as opposed to some "Clear" function elsewhere and
    Highlight one item in the list, then hit the 3 dots on the right. You'll then have a select all option available.

b) More importantly - is this just deleting copies of the files, or are they originals?
    It deletes the originals.
    08-29-19 12:39 PM
    "Highlight one item in the list, then hit the 3 dots on the right. You'll then have a select all option available."

Thanks; yeah, that's what I figured; easy enough.

"It deletes the originals."

Ok, this is a little strange. So it's not making copies, that makes sense. But there's no way to clear it without mass deleting files (so you can actually use it; otherwise it takes too long to load) that you want to keep - and not just the reference to the files?
    08-29-19 03:39 PM
    But there's no way to clear it without mass deleting files (so you can actually use it; otherwise it takes too long to load) that you want to keep - and not just the reference to the files?
    I dunno. It's a good question but I've never had my recents so full that it was slow to load, then again, I also don't use the Files app either. I disable it and use Solid Explorer.
    08-29-19 03:48 PM
    Ah. It's just the default on there and I haven't had it long enough to install anything else. Which do you prefer for file browsing?
    08-29-19 03:49 PM
    Ah. It's just the default on there and I haven't had it long enough to install anything else. Which do you prefer for file browsing?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...solidexplorer2
    08-29-19 03:51 PM
    Ok, thank you - I'll install that one.
    08-29-19 04:02 PM