Long post, but maybe some of you have gotten this fixed and can help!

Last December (2020 - whoa!), Google rolled out a carrier services update that caused issues for many of us Android users for a couple of days.

At this exact same time, I switched over from my Verizon-provisioned Key2 LE to a Key2, also provisioned by Verizon to work with their network.

After the switch, I started receiving photos that were poor resolution. It didn't matter if I was using MMS or RCS, Textra or Google Messages or any other third-party app. Any photos received, regardless of the sender's OS (Apple and Android) came in pixelated and under 100kb.

I've also tried to switch between phones, and regardless of it being a BB or another Android phone, it's the same issue now. I even tried rolling back carrier services updates to the default, and no luck now.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and/or found a fix for it?
    12-08-21 12:20 PM
    Long post, but maybe some of you have gotten this fixed and can help!

Last December (2020 - whoa!), Google rolled out a carrier services update that caused issues for many of us Android users for a couple of days.

At this exact same time, I switched over from my Verizon-provisioned Key2 LE to a Key2, also provisioned by Verizon to work with their network.

After the switch, I started receiving photos that were poor resolution. It didn't matter if I was using MMS or RCS, Textra or Google Messages or any other third-party app. Any photos received, regardless of the sender's OS (Apple and Android) came in pixelated and under 100kb.

I've also tried to switch between phones, and regardless of it being a BB or another Android phone, it's the same issue now. I even tried rolling back carrier services updates to the default, and no luck now.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and/or found a fix for it?
    Just a guess but the fact of it being such a universal issue points at Verizon being the problem.
    Do you have another phone you could pop the SIM in to verify if its the actual phone?
    12-08-21 12:47 PM
    Yeah, I tried a non-BB phone (another Android) and it was/is the same issue.

I also wonder if it's because BB's Android software is old now :/
    12-08-21 03:37 PM
    Yeah, I tried a non-BB phone (another Android) and it was/is the same issue.

I also wonder if it's because BB's Android software is old now :/
    But you said it was the same on the other phone, didn't you?
    12-08-21 05:00 PM
    Yep - same problem whether it's on BB Key2 LE or Key2 or another Android phone now. So it's Verizon, I'm guessing. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this.
    12-09-21 12:45 AM