I currently have a BB Bold. I have backed it up using BB Link. I do have a BB ID. My friend gave me his BB Classic. He gave me his device password and his BB ID information. He has the Protect set up. He did not remove any of his data either. I am asking/looking for the correct steps to follow to make the phone "mine" I want to replace his BB ID with mine and customize the phone to my tastes.Get rid of his data. Load my back up on to the phone.

Thanks for any and all help.

I did try to join. I had a 10 character password and it kept telling me that a password with 8 to 100 characters were needed.
    03-23-17 12:16 PM
    Go into settings/blackberry protect and turn it off. Then go into settings/security and privacy/security wipe and run the wipe (Keep in mind this will erase ALL data and settings on the phone). Once that completes go ahead and sign in with your BBID during setup and configure the phone to your liking.
    Go into settings/blackberry protect and turn it off. Then go into settings/security and privacy/security wipe and run the wipe (Keep in mind this will erase ALL data and settings on the phone). Once that completes go ahead and sign in with your BBID during setup and configure the phone to your liking.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and Rico4you like this.
    03-23-17 12:27 PM