Until now I have this BIG question if BlackBerry devices specially with its new BB10OS is really secure as to what the company is Bragging about the security that they offer compared to iOS and Android wherein fact these two other OSes offers mobile security too..
    So how to gauge and identify this security issue??

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by zacthirdy; 03-12-16 at 05:49 PM.
    03-12-16 11:17 AM
    Well in my opinion yes much more than android open gates. It's more secure than those other mobiles that's why everyone speaks about the security and that's why it known so well known for secured devices that's why military and government. Uses this
    zacthirdy likes this.
    03-12-16 12:00 PM
    BlackBerry is more secure. I've never been hacked. Stop worrying.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    03-12-16 12:43 PM
    BlackBerry is more secure. I've never been hacked. Stop worrying.

Yes I do believe that ,.. I'm a BlackBerry addict BUT how to gauge that security? I've been using BlackBerry phones for almost 6 yrs now. But still I can't figure it out how?? Other OSes offers mobile encryption too..

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 05:46 PM
    But how will we know that these devices are really secure? I can't still trace or figure it out that security BlackBerry is claiming? Other OSes offers mobile encryption too..

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 05:49 PM
    If you weren't hacked, that's proof of security.

03-12-16 05:54 PM
    You can't play with BlackBerry 10 unlike android.

�oStEd ViA bLAckBeRrY Z3/ 10.3.2.2876
    03-12-16 07:37 PM
    The Core security features are embedded into the OS, the very evidence is the long boot time for BlackBerry phones when compared to Android phones. Next the additional layers of security such as BES, BBM, which is unique when compared to EMM & Messaging solutions available in the market. Blackberry Guardian which tries to inspect any Android app which is installed for the first time. Blackberry Apps most of them does not seek to access more information from your phone, unlike the Android apps which access most of the data from the phone. So all the more reasons one should be confident with Blackberry phones when it comes to the question of security!

Posted via my favorite Passport
    03-12-16 08:07 PM
    Why do you think BlackBerry has committed to doing all those "regular" android security updates for the Priv? It's because android is a pos unsecure os subject to regular breaches. Yes, BB10 is more secure.
    Sridhar M likes this.
    03-12-16 09:31 PM
    Google nd check if you can get a single post claiming to hack a BlackBerry. If there are they have never come forward to authenticate their claim.. you can "root" an android.. "jail break" an iphone.. heard any term for BlackBerry ? It all depends what apps yu use.. how often you keep ya phone unattended.. precaution is better than cure.. so it starts from you..

Blackberry Z30
    03-13-16 09:23 AM
    Thinking seriously about a Priv, when suddenly start getting ads pushed through my notification area on my Google tablet. "Airpush" (the company that does this) has an easy way to opt out. But then can do it automatically for phones or you can use their opt out app to do it manually by entering IMEI/MEID/ESN in their app. But they say, something like... "With a phone you really do not have to enter the IMEI/MEID/ESN data as we have it already." A little unnerving.
    03-13-16 09:55 AM
    Thinking seriously about a Priv, when suddenly start getting ads pushed through my notification area on my Google tablet. "Airpush" (the company that does this) has an easy way to opt out. But then can do it automatically for phones or you can use their opt out app to do it manually by entering IMEI/MEID/ESN in their app. But they say, something like... "With a phone you really do not have to enter the IMEI/MEID/ESN data as we have it already." A little unnerving.
    Every android app yu install they ask for permissions.. some apps fail to work if specific permissions are not given.. Airpush requires if m not mistaken need lot of permission from ya phone id to storage and ya Mac address too.. so that the app need not ask for permission again.. most of the apps on playstore are ad supported.. its a way of making revenue.. you can't help it..

Blackberry Z30
    03-13-16 10:03 AM
    Every android app yu install they ask for permissions.. some apps fail to work if specific permissions are not given.. Airpush requires if m not mistaken need lot of permission from ya phone id to storage and ya Mac address too.. so that the app need not ask for permission again.. most of the apps on playstore are ad supported.. its a way of making revenue.. you can't help it..

Blackberry Z30
    Airpush, in this case, was pushing to my notification bar, not within an ap. I deleted ALL apps I had loaded and there was no app association unless they plugged it into the bloatware. (You'll see this issue discussed on forums -- there does not appear to be an app association in many cases) Long press on their ad failed to produce an association. Even shutting down all notifications would not stop it. In fact, the ad itself had an "opt out" choice which did not work. You have to go on their site and download their op out app to get rid if it. Remember, this isn't a phone, but a tablet. Also, the latest apps designed specifically to ID an associated app did not work. In fact they all crashed at about 50% through the scan, something else mentioned on forums. I'm not saying Airpush is defeating these apps... but...
    Last edited by scrannel; 03-13-16 at 10:58 AM.
    03-13-16 10:36 AM
    Is more secure than iPhone that's for sure

Posted from my big screen Z30 STA100-5 running 10.3.2.2876
    03-13-16 03:58 PM