I am still using an old Blackberry Curve 9300 which I love (proper keyboard dinosaur that I am) but I'm looking to upgrade and would like a decent camera. Don't need many apps, mainly just a map/navigation one. I've never been able to tether the Curve to my Google Nexus 7 to use my data allowance when travelling. Would I be able to on the Passport or Priv (I'm not the most techie of people)? We can't actually get to see either phone in UK shops - just have to do your homework online and order one, fingers crossed. Any advice appreciated.
    04-02-16 10:32 AM
    I own both the Passport and Priv. The Passport camera is good -- but the Priv camera is better. The Passport keyboard is better, but the size isn't for everyone. The Priv keyboard is a bit smaller, but still good.
    04-02-16 10:49 AM
    Buy the priv, better camera and better app selection
    04-02-16 11:08 AM
    Thanks Ecm. With my tablet being Android would that tether with a Passport or would I have to use the Priv?
    04-02-16 05:34 PM
    Thanks Ecm. With my tablet being Android would that tether with a Passport or would I have to use the Priv?
    If you're referring to using the Priv or Passport as a WiFi Hotspot, then either would work. If you're talking about physical tethering, I can't say. I've never done that myself. Only the Hotspot. Sorry.
    04-02-16 06:08 PM
    My wifi-only Tab S2 uses bluetooth tethering to my Q10 when I'm on the road. This made me a very happy camper. Who wants to pay for more than one mobile plan?
    Last edited by DataWrangler; 04-03-16 at 12:27 PM. Reason: typo
    04-03-16 12:24 PM
    If you're referring to using the Priv or Passport as a WiFi Hotspot, then either would work. If you're talking about physical tethering, I can't say. I've never done that myself. Only the Hotspot. Sorry.
    Thanks Ecm, I meant bluetooth tethering. Is the keyboard the same size of as on old blackberries like Curve? I have also heard that Priv battery needs recharging after much shorter time than on Passport. Do you agree (I love that I can go several days without charging).
    04-06-16 05:46 PM
    My wifi-only Tab S2 uses bluetooth tethering to my Q10 when I'm on the road. This made me a very happy camper. Who wants to pay for more than one mobile plan?
    Exactly DataWrangler, can't tether from Curve and don't know whether to blame phone or contract operator.
    04-06-16 05:51 PM
    Thanks Ecm, I meant bluetooth tethering. Is the keyboard the same size of as on old blackberries like Curve? I have also heard that Priv battery needs recharging after much shorter time than on Passport. Do you agree (I love that I can go several days without charging).
    My Priv gives me almost the same battery life as my Passport did, so I have no complaints. Aside from the different form and OS, a huge difference is the radios. I get somewhat better LTE reception, but insanely better WiFi speed. On my home WiFi, I can get over 300 Mbps, where the Passport maxed out at a little over 100 Mbps.
    kbdino likes this.
    04-06-16 06:34 PM