I tried to go online to my Royal Bank account to transfer some money today (Black Friday-ironically) when I got a notice that I need to update the app. Problem we RBC is no longer supporting BlackBerry. No advanced notice. I'm left with getting a different phone or finding a bank that still supports BB.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-17 10:45 AM
    Royal Bank Canada

Posted via CB10
    11-24-17 10:47 AM
    I tried to go online to my Royal Bank account to transfer some money today (Black Friday-ironically) when I got a notice that I need to update the app. Problem we RBC is no longer supporting BlackBerry. No advanced notice. I'm left with getting a different phone or finding a bank that still supports BB.

Posted via CB10
    Actually RBC did send a notice that they would discontinue BB10 app over 2 years ago. Unfortunately your only option at this point is another device. Yes you could change banks but the other banks would likely go down the same path as well. If you want to stick with BlackBerry, your options are their android offerings and right now you have the KEYone (if you want pkb) or the Motion.
    11-24-17 10:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Don't bother fighting. This has been couple years overdue. ART is stuck @ 4.3 on BB10 and were on 8.0 now....

I believe that's like 4-5 years back. This is being done on both sides of the border.
    11-24-17 12:50 PM
    Moving banks for this would be a frustrating exercise when you find your new bank also drops support.
    11-24-17 01:23 PM
    Actually RBC did send a notice that they would discontinue BB10 app over 2 years ago. Unfortunately your only option at this point is another device. Yes you could change banks but the other banks would likely go down the same path as well. If you want to stick with BlackBerry, your options are their android offerings and right now you have the KEYone (if you want pkb) or the Motion.
    Yeah, Mon.

I had moved to the PRIV some time ago due to software concerns. RBC app works really well on my PRIV - better than on my iPad, actually.
    11-24-17 01:33 PM
    Time to move on...
    11-24-17 01:55 PM
    Same thing happened to me at TD. I called and gave them supreme **** over it. Canadian banks dropping a Canadian company. Disgraceful.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-17 10:54 AM
    Same thing happened to me at TD. I called and gave them supreme **** over it. Canadian banks dropping a Canadian company. Disgraceful.

Posted via CB10
    They aren’t dropping a Canadian company. The Canadian company you’re talking about moved to Android already. The banks are just following them.
    11-25-17 02:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    If that Canadian company has itself already dropped the OS and moved on, why shouldn't the bank?
    11-25-17 03:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can still use your BlackBerry. Just go into your browser to RBC online banking.
    02-11-18 06:43 PM