Hey,

So I have ransomware on my devices, including my blackberry classic. I managed to restart my blackberry after being taken over and made a new BB id etc.

I found out that its CryptXXX, CryptXXX 2.0, CryptXXX 3.0 and Chimera Ransomware..

How can i get rid of it and protect my blackberry from being completely stolen?

Help is very much appreciated!!

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 06:28 PM
    Security wipe it.

Or, Soft Reset it and delete the ransom apps before the android runtime starts up, you got like a 2~3 minute window.
    02-24-17 06:34 PM
    What do you mean :P?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 06:34 PM
    I already started over with a new fresh BB install... and its on like all devices now xD... it took hostage my whole phone twice now

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 06:35 PM
    Security wipe: Settings/Security and Privacy/Security Wipe.

Soft Reset: Press and Hold the Volume Up and Down keys at the same time, release them after 10 seconds. The device will unload all running apps and memory, clear the caches, and power cycle the device. Once it has restarted, you have a few minutes before the Android Runtime starts up. You can delete the infected apps during that time.
    02-24-17 06:41 PM
    Yeah did that, like today xD... but my devices are infecting each other or something (i am not very pro nerdy when it comes to hacking, just a noob trying to safe my devices :P).

So i need to prevent this aswell.. maybe with bb link? If i get my laptop ransomware free..

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 06:52 PM
    Yeah did that, like today xD... but my devices are infecting each other or something (i am not very pro nerdy when it comes to hacking, just a noob trying to safe my devices :P).

So i need to prevent this aswell.. maybe with bb link? If i get my laptop ransomware free..

Posted via CB10
    This is not possible. Some cross-device, cross-platform virus?

Please provide a screen shot.
    02-24-17 06:54 PM
    Well... Screenshot from what?

My tv, decoder, google chromecast, 2 laptops, 3 phones and 1 tablet were taken hostage and they became "networks" that are trying to connect even though the devices are turned off :P... i have no clue what is going on anymore and its pretty annoying.

The screens looked like someone else was controlling it.. and then i did a complete restart to factory and got this license agreement on the samsung tablet and then all my devices were samsungs...

I left my house and went to parents. We managed to enter the blackberry and do normal setup with fresh bb ID..

It is all so complicated for a noob so I don't know what to do or tell :P

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 06:58 PM
    Ransomware on my BB Classic!-img_20170225_010124.png
    Ransomware on my BB Classic!-img_20170225_010129.png

I did an identification on a file, someone advised me to try it and this came out... The file was in my BB

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 06:59 PM
    Before it all got horror, my blackberry had a device lock password out of nowhere and i had to order a new SIM card..

Maybe this was ransomware related as well but i have no clue what is and is not possible anymore after this horror experience xD

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 07:03 PM
    I'm thinking their computer is infected and it keeps loading Android based "ransomware" on the Classic every time they plug it in.
    But as the ART isn't rootable, the payload isn't really locking the device, it's just messing it up with a "ransom" overlay when it runs.
    I remember another poster having this issue a year or two ago on a BB10 device.
    The fix was to just delete the infected app before the ART could fully fire up after a Soft/Hard Reset.

To the OP:
    1. Format you computer, start from scratch.
    2. Format or wipe any other USB device you have or had connected to that computer.
    3. Do a Security Wipe on your BlackBerry.
    4. Install a name brand and reliable Anti-virus/Anti-malware program on your computer.
    02-24-17 07:05 PM
    Wauw okay thanks!

I do not really understand but i can ask friends who might..

Which app by the way?

Thanks for the comments.. i really need some help now this is going on for like 6 weeks and its eating me alive.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 07:08 PM
    Wauw okay thanks!

I do not really understand but i can ask friends who might..

Which app by the way?

Thanks for the comments.. i really need some help now this is going on for like 6 weeks and its eating me alive.

Posted via CB10

If this has been an ongoing issue for this long, and is effecting that amount of hardware, you are probably better off getting professional help.
    Visit a computer repair shop or computer box store that has a service center.

The one good thing about BlackBerry 10 devices is that the Android system, the Android Runtime (ART), doesn't have full access to the device and is not rootable.
    In order for a real ransomware payload to go off on Android, it has to have root access. (Root Access means it would be able to write too and change core system files)
    So any "virus", "trojan", or "ransomware" that infects the ART on BB10, will simply become neutered as soon as the ART is turned off (During a Soft Reset) and the infected apps and files can be deleted.
    Even if it somehow corrupts the ART, a Security Wipe or OS Reload will fix that.
    02-24-17 07:19 PM
    Next time use a condom!
    02-24-17 07:24 PM
    Is it possible that... well how to explain.

I looked for my backup for my blackberry and found a network in devices called blackberry.. so i connected my computer to it. After this, my C-disk became a network and i lost manager control over it... it is hanging in the network ever since. I took my old laptop and it was completely clean installed.. did this 3 times in 1 day because my screen kept fcking up and i had 90 000 errors in like a few hours... Ultimately, it ended up also as a network, with restore made impossible due to missing systemfiles/data...

The blackberry and C-disks "networks" have the same mac adress... the night **** went bad, i also saw a Google, Android, blackberry RSA, Samsung and my dads phone even, -- Networks... And a TLP-device network. Some had the same mac adress....
    Think these were the tablet, chromecast, etc etc..
    They were wifi connections with no security

These kept trying to connect and... then i had the screen. But I can't make sense of this as i don't have this knowledge.

Is it possible that 1 device started this and then the rest keeps infecting the rest? And how do i delete these socalled "networks"? They still exist if the devices are not in my house or turned off.. Man this stuff is confusing :P

My dads phone has the same issues now by the way..

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 07:25 PM
    Lol bobshine xD

A female condom tent you mean?

I already went to a prof and payed like 200 euros. He thought a hacker that advanced would be unlikely... he simply did a new windows install on my laptop but i never turned it on again after losing my old laptop and having all this crazy network nightmare crap happening...

Police doesnt help either :P

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 07:29 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170225_010124.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	418003
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170225_010129.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	418004

I did an identification on a file, someone advised me to try it and this came out... The file was in my BB

Posted via CB10
    This looks like a BB10 app that is pretty much a wrapper around the Web browser. The actual content is just from a website.

Are there any hyperlinks? If you long press it, do you get the usual options from the right side of the screen, similar to the normal web browser?

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2163 / Telus
    02-24-17 07:32 PM
    This is the website in crackberry browser :P

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 07:33 PM
    This is the website in crackberry browser :P

Posted via CB10

Ransomware on my BB Classic!-img_20170225_023424.png

Here xD this is what i used

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 07:34 PM