My Q5 won't accept the 10.3 update. It says it needs an additional 2.1. GB of space, despite saying the download is only 1.1 GB. I have checked, and there is no way to free up an additional 2.1 GB on the system as far as I can tell (the extra apps on there amount to less than 2GB all told) and no media is stored on there.

It has been saying this for months and only started to bug me last night when I fixed my uncle's broken Q5 and it immediately downloaded the update no problem despite having been off (he had a charger problem he thought was a software problem) for over a year.

Any advice?

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 08:14 PM
    Use Link instead to do the update. It requires less temporary space on the device.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-10-15 08:18 PM
    I deleted a bunch of apps. Moved pictures and files to the sd card and updated via link. Still had to delete 3 waves of apps to get room. I also deleted all the stuff from inside the lasy list android file as it was over 600 mb alone! Haven't seen any ill effects from clearing out that file.

Posted via Q5
    08-10-15 08:22 PM
    My Q5 won't accept the 10.3 update. It says it needs an additional 2.1. GB of space, despite saying the download is only 1.1 GB. I have checked, and there is no way to free up an additional 2.1 GB on the system as far as I can tell (the extra apps on there amount to less than 2GB all told) and no media is stored on there.

It has been saying this for months and only started to bug me last night when I fixed my uncle's broken Q5 and it immediately downloaded the update no problem despite having been off (he had a charger problem he thought was a software problem) for over a year.

Any advice?

Posted via CB10
    When you perform a OTA update. It loads the new software onto the device and then removes the old software. Basically you have two OS on the phone at the same time.

For BlackBerry Q5, Z3, Leap always use BlackBerry Link as that backs up, removes one OS & installs the new.
    www.blackberry.com/blackberrylink

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 11:10 PM