Just switched from Q10 to Classic. Seemed easy enough. Then I discovered that MANY of my apps that I used on my Q10 will not function well - or not at all - on my new Classic. In fact, searching the app stores (Amazon or BB world), the Classic will not even FIND many of the apps that the Q10 did.
    Also, both the Q10 and the Classic will tell me that they have the "most recent, up to date " OS. Yet the Q10 has 10.3.2.680, whereas the Classic shows me 10.3.1.2576.
    What is going on here. I must be missing something here.
    Can anyone help?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 12:30 PM
    I know that some apps in BlackBerry World do require a developer to approve a device... as many developer abandoned the platform long before the Classic & Passport were released.... there maybe a few that should work, that you don't see listed as the Classic isn't an approved device.

Not sure why there would be a difference in Amazon or any Android Apps store.

As for the OS differences... who is your carrier. Just depends on what OS they test and approve for what device....
    06-29-15 01:46 PM
    Thank you for your advice regarding apps.
    Regarding the network, I use Telus. My new Classic is a White one, factory unlocked, made for the UK I think.
    The SIM card is the same, except that I had to trim it from size Micro to Nano.
    Yet, as I said, the OS seems to be an older version in the Classic, than the one that is in the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 02:04 PM