I have a friend I text regularly. By accident, I hit 'end chat'. It seemed I lost everything. I set the name up in my Contacts. Pressed 'text' and the history and everything comes back - However - once I click the < button to go to a different application, then go back in to the Text Messages Application - the most recent text at the top of the list is not my friend's text. It's like the Text App doesn't recognize her number anymore. The only way I can see her texts is if I intentionally click on her name in the Contacts and then it all appears. However - she has texted me and it doesn't notify me with the little star on the Text icon on the screen - I have no way of knowing now if she is texting me unless I'm intentionally checking my Contacts. This is driving me crazy. HELP!!!
    09-23-15 09:00 PM
    have you tried all the regular troubleshooting?

clear some memory,
    reboot, update OS, ect ect...

delete some old messages, check device storage, I had some issues when I was low on memory.
    09-24-15 04:43 PM
    I've had the same issue, I tried everything and ended up having to do a factory reset to get it working again, now it's gone and done the same thing and I'm pretty fed up with it.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 12:06 PM
    My understanding is "end chat" deletes that whole, particular "chat". That's what it does on my Z10 (10.3.2xxx). I think that's what it's supposed to do. Why you're not getting notifications I'm not sure. I have deleted a whole chat, but get notifications if that person hits me up again.
    10-14-15 12:19 PM
    I finally fixed the problem on my phone without doing a factory reset. I deleted the contact and made a new one. Not sure if its necessary so you can try this or not, up to you. Since sent and received texts weren't showing up in the hub, I just composed and sent a text which left me with the regular conversation history screen (even though I had ended the chat, the history was still all there...which it shouldn't have been). Anyway, from that screen i just went to the menu with 3 dots and clicked end chat, it took a while for my phone to actually end the chat, I had to try a couple times and wait a bit for my phone to catch up with what I was hoping it would do. I took the battery out for a while too after my first attempt at the 'end chat' but it didn't seem to do anything. Keep trying though!!! I feel your frustration!
    10-14-15 07:22 PM