The phone switched from handset to headset during a call. At the time I could not figure out why I couldn't hear anything. Eventually I tried calling the BB and found the issue and switched back to handset. But it doesn't stay that way. Additionally, since that happened I have lost all volume for notifications of texts, e-mails, etc. I still get vibrations, but I checked the notifications settings and they still are set to give a sound as well but I get no sounds. This may have started a couple of days back. Not sure if these two issues are related or not. I don't usually use a headset with the phone at all.
    12-16-16 12:00 AM
    Perhaps something conductive has entered the jack and is making contact between pins, falsely giving a connection signal. Try blowing it out or see if you can see anything in there.
    12-16-16 12:33 AM
    The phone switched from handset to headset during a call. At the time I could not figure out why I couldn't hear anything. Eventually I tried calling the BB and found the issue and switched back to handset. But it doesn't stay that way. Additionally, since that happened I have lost all volume for notifications of texts, e-mails, etc. I still get vibrations, but I checked the notifications settings and they still are set to give a sound as well but I get no sounds. This may have started a couple of days back. Not sure if these two issues are related or not. I don't usually use a headset with the phone at all.
    Try a hard reboot of device first, and then check to see if you have any conflicting apps that may control your audio outputs.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 02:32 AM