I have just used my Q10 to take a photo but cannot find a way to get the image off my Q10 into my iMAC.
    I have tried SHARE but cannot get to my email.
    I am sure it is simple somehow bit I cannot see.
    Help, please.
    Richard
    01-01-19 02:30 PM
    Download the Box app to your phone, and save the photo in the app. Then get Box on your iMac.
    01-01-19 03:05 PM
    Download the Box app to your phone, and save the photo in the app. Then get Box on your iMac.
    Box for BB10 ceased to work on November 12, 2018.
    01-01-19 03:11 PM
    For just a few pictures, just attach to an email, or transfer using Bluetooth.
    01-01-19 03:17 PM
    I have real difficulty getting any of this to work. I have tried connecting to my iMAC using the USB facility but cannot get that to work either.
    If I were to lash out and upgrade to one of the Blackberry Android system phones would it be any easier?
    01-02-19 07:11 AM
    Use the BB10 built in wifi file sharing.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    01-02-19 08:06 AM
    What version OS is your Q10 running?

Has this worked with your iMac previously?

Have you tried with another computer, Windows or Mac?
    01-02-19 01:59 PM
    You don't need special software for this - email should work just fine. Assuming your Q10 has an email account on it, just open a new email and address it to the email account on your iMac. Before sending, tap the attachment icon (paper clip). choose Picture, and navigate to the folder where the photo is stored. (Unless you already moved it deliberately, this is probably your camera folder.) Tap the picture you want to attach and then "Done". Send the email, and then retrieve the image when you receive the email on your iMac.

If this doesn't work, please describe exactly what took place and any errors you saw, so we can help troubleshoot.

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    01-03-19 02:29 AM
    I have got myself into a real mess with the email setup. It keeps telling me that the mail cannot be set up at this time so try again later.
    OK, I don't remember how to get into my account nor the password. I need to find a way to reset all that and start again without upsetting my other stuff on the Q10. there must be a way to get non-tech people like me out of such messes.
    01-03-19 04:04 AM
    Pretty sure my OP system is up to date but don't know how to find out.
    Have never done this before.
    01-03-19 04:07 AM
    So you don't have a working email account on the Q10 right now - what about on your computer - do you have a working email account there?

Here's another suggestion: do you have an SD card in your Q10? If not, I'd recommend getting one - it works like a removable hard drive, and you can save files to it, place it in a portable card reader, and insert it into a USB on your iMac to copy the files off to your computer.

SD cards and portable readers are inexpensive, and this may work for you.

01-03-19 07:56 AM
    Ragbert, you are being so helpful and I am being so thick - I am grateful for your patience.
    Yes I do have email on my iMAC. It is an iCloud account but when I try to set that up on Q10 the Q10 does not like it.
    01-03-19 01:18 PM
    I am going to re-suggest using Box.com. Save the photo to Box from your Q10, then download it from Box to your iMAC.
    01-03-19 01:22 PM
    Use the wifi file sharing feature that comes built into every BB10 device.

On the Q10:
    » System Settings
    » Storage and Access
    » Access using Wifi

https://help.blackberry.com/en/black...683894417.html

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Last edited by spARTacus; 01-03-19 at 05:08 PM.
    01-03-19 04:58 PM
    Thanks for the video - very helpful I'll give that a try later .
    I have tried the first idea of just connecting with the USB cable, but iMAC does not seem to recognise Q10. The Q10 just starts charging itself from the USB.
    01-04-19 06:25 AM
    You're not being thick - others have have needed help setting up iCloud email as well. (I'm not a Mac user, so I can only search and point you to how others solved it.)

This forum thread might help you set up iCloud mail on your Q10 (note that the Classic used in that thread is virtually identical to your Q10 for this purpose, assuming your OS is up to date): http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1114273

A forum search for "icloud email BB10" will bring up a few other threads with solutions as well. They all involve getting help on the Apple side with the two-step authentication Apple requires.

However, since the email issue is kind of separate here, let's go back to your photo issue. Denise suggested starting a cloud account at box.com, uploading your photo to it, then downloading the photo by logging into box.com on your computer. It's a perfectly good solution - whether you use box.com or dropbox, or Evernote, or any other cloud service.

Since the box.com app on the Q10 is no longer supported, you'll have to do this through a web browser anyway. So... don't you have an iCloud account already that you can log into via a web browser? If you are able to log into it with your Q10's browser, can't you upload your photo there and access it on your IMac? Do you have an account already at any other cloud service? If not, then sure - start a new cloud account at box.com or dropbox.com or the cloud service of your choice. The whole point of cloud services is that you can access them from multiple devices to upload, download, view, and share files - photos included.

Ragbert, you are being so helpful and I am being so thick - I am grateful for your patience.
    Yes I do have email on my iMAC. It is an iCloud account but when I try to set that up on Q10 the Q10 does not like it.

Last edited by Ragbert; 01-04-19 at 07:21 AM.
    01-04-19 07:05 AM
    Maybe I am old fashioned, but it doesn't make much sense to me to send something to the cloud and back when needing to transfer it between two devices sitting beside each other.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    01-04-19 12:59 PM
    I hear you, SpARTacus. It's not the first way I would choose either. But without email or a way to get an iMac to "see" a Q10 (even to use wifi, you still have to first connect with Link and install the necessary drivers onto the PC - and they don't work on a Mac, to the best of my knowledge), the next easiest way would be to share the photo over the web.

Unless you have your own webhost with server space and FTP acct, a cloud account is the next best thing. And if the OP has an iCloud mail account on his iMac, then he probably also has some iCloud storage space for files also - why not use it?

I'm in "any port in a storm" mode here. :-)

Maybe I am old fashioned, but it doesn't make much sense to me to send something to the cloud and back when needing to transfer it between two devices sitting beside each other.

Posted via CB10 on Z10

01-04-19 03:39 PM
    ...or a way to get an iMac to "see" a Q10 (even to use wifi, you still have to first connect with Link and install the necessary drivers onto the PC - and they don't work on a Mac, to the best of my knowledge)...
    No drivers needed. That's the nice part about it. It's just plain old samba/smb file sharing from the BB10 device, which the Mac should support out of the box. No different than if files were being shared from a Windows, Mac or Linux machine (to the best of my knowledge).

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    01-04-19 03:44 PM
    Windows (7 Ultimate at the time) didn't see my Q10 until the first time I installed Link and connected by USB. Thereafter the wifi just worked.

01-04-19 05:18 PM
    Why do you need link though? Tell computer it is USB device then copy and paste.
    01-04-19 08:10 PM
    That never worked for me unless Link was present, even if I didn't use it. It may be because Link is what prompted me to log into my device while it was connected as USB. i.e. Link did the secure handshake before my device could be exposed to my network.

Why do you need link though? Tell computer it is USB device then copy and paste.

01-04-19 08:20 PM
    Guys, your input has been terrific - very grateful thanks.
    BUT yesterday I had a group of quite experienced people who went through everything independently and everything still failed. Even bluetooth which would not link to my iMAC but was successful to their phones. Q10 refused to set up an iCloud email address. We checked that Q10 has latest software, so can assume only that there is incompatibility between Q10 and latest iMAC Operating system.
    For the sake of everyone's sanity I am closing any further discussion on this topic. Future of my Q10 is now being considered.
    Very grateful for all input.
    Bye
    Richard
    01-05-19 01:49 PM
    Did you show the Apple pros the solutions I linked earlier? There IS an incompatibility between BB10 and Apple's iCloud software, but the solution is to tweak the Apple software settings, as noted in many other forums here. Plenty of non-pros have been able to do it but you have to read how they did it, and ask your pros to do the same.

Anyway, sorry this isn't working for you, but I hope you won't give up. Best regards and good luck!

Guys, your input has been terrific - very grateful thanks.
    BUT yesterday I had a group of quite experienced people who went through everything independently and everything still failed. Even bluetooth which would not link to my iMAC but was successful to their phones. Q10 refused to set up an iCloud email address. We checked that Q10 has latest software, so can assume only that there is incompatibility between Q10 and latest iMAC Operating system.
    For the sake of everyone's sanity I am closing any further discussion on this topic. Future of my Q10 is now being considered.
    Very grateful for all input.
    Bye
    Richard

01-05-19 04:46 PM
    Box for BB10 ceased to work on November 12, 2018.
    Oh, I haven't used it in over 2 years, so I didn't know. But can it work through the browser?
    01-07-19 02:02 PM