I'm having problems connecting to my laptop.. ever since my sister connected her tablet to my laptop my blackberry Q10 doesn't want to read when I connect it via USB.. please help

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 11:47 AM
    I'm having problems connecting to my laptop.. ever since my sister connected her tablet to my laptop my blackberry Q10 doesn't want to read when I connect it via USB.. please help

Posted via CB10
    First, try another USB port on the laptop, make sure it is not a USB3.0 port as BlackBerry devices sometimes have issues with those. Some USB ports on laptops are meant for very low power devices, like a USB thumb drive, and won't properly feed the required power for a BlackBerry device to detect and open a computer connection.
    Try another USB cable and make sure it is a data cable, especially if the same cable was used for the other device. While generic USB data cables do work for BlackBerry devices, there are differences in quality and construction that can cause them to fail. When in doubt, go OEM.

That said, what OS is on the laptop?
    Is your Q10 currently set to USB Mass Storage Mode in Settings/Storage and Access/Access using USB/USB Mass Storage Mode switched On? If so, switch that off.
    12-31-15 11:59 AM