Hi- I'm on vacation in London, and my Key2 is being weird. I just spent 2 hours chatting with tech support at Verizon to no avail, so maybe one of you has an idea.

I have Verizon's international Travelpass. The Verizon rep confirmed that I'm signed up for it on their end, and I received the text when I landed at Heathrow. HOWEVER-

When I try to call someone in the US, the call dials, then beeps, then disconnects the call. When someone in the US tries to call me, it goes straight to voicemail.

EXCEPT one person, who is a Sprint user. She can call me, and I can call her. I can also call through to my landline phone at my office in the US. That's the landline going to my desk. If I can the main receptionist number, which is on the same system, it does the beep and disconnect thing.

I'm in the middle of a complicated business transaction, and it's frustrating to not be able to call people.

The Verizon tech told me to set the Roaming to Always Allow (which it was already on) and to change the Preferred Network Mode to GSM. (It had been n LTE/WCDMA/GSM).

Oh-- also, texting work. Whether I can phone the person or not, texts work.

Anyone have any ideas of how I can fix this and be able to call everyone back home? Has anyone else had this problem with Verizon Travelpass in the UK?
    02-03-20 01:20 PM
    Hi- I'm on vacation in London, and my Key2 is being weird. I just spent 2 hours chatting with tech support at Verizon to no avail, so maybe one of you has an idea.

I have Verizon's international Travelpass. The Verizon rep confirmed that I'm signed up for it on their end, and I received the text when I landed at Heathrow. HOWEVER-

When I try to call someone in the US, the call dials, then beeps, then disconnects the call. When someone in the US tries to call me, it goes straight to voicemail.

EXCEPT one person, who is a Sprint user. She can call me, and I can call her. I can also call through to my landline phone at my office in the US. That's the landline going to my desk. If I can the main receptionist number, which is on the same system, it does the beep and disconnect thing.

I'm in the middle of a complicated business transaction, and it's frustrating to not be able to call people.

The Verizon tech told me to set the Roaming to Always Allow (which it was already on) and to change the Preferred Network Mode to GSM. (It had been n LTE/WCDMA/GSM).

Oh-- also, texting work. Whether I can phone the person or not, texts work.

Anyone have any ideas of how I can fix this and be able to call everyone back home? Has anyone else had this problem with Verizon Travelpass in the UK?
    You should have been provisioned on a CDMA-less SIM. Therefore, calls should only work with VoLTE.
    02-03-20 02:09 PM