Lately, with this latest OS, on my Classic I have been having trouble connecting to the Verizon Network. The top right frequently reads "4glte." In the past, when this would happen, I would simply turn airplane mode on and off and the connection would be fine. But lately, that isn't working. Only a restart will get me the connection again. Any suggestions as to what might be happening?

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 08:36 AM
    I would call VZW and get my phone reprovisioned with their network. They send some kind of code to your phone remotely. It helps sometimes.
    06-08-17 09:15 AM
    I would call VZW and get my phone reprovisioned with their network. They send some kind of code to your phone remotely. It helps sometimes.
    Thanks!
    06-08-17 10:27 AM
    This is what the Verizon rep said when I asked for that: "oh can you help me with what do you mean by reprovision do you need a phone activated to your line?"
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    06-08-17 10:38 AM
    Not all VZW reps are created equal.

If you call back you might get someone who knows a little more. Try explaining your issue and ask them about them seinding the resubscribing your service signal.... something to that effect if not reprovision. I am sorry I don't have their exact term, but I have done this with atleast three carriers (one of which being VZW).
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    06-08-17 10:43 AM
    This is what the Verizon rep said when I asked for that: "oh can you help me with what do you mean by reprovision do you need a phone activated to your line?"
    see my message above Thanks
    06-08-17 10:43 AM
    Not all VZW reps are created equal.

If you call back you might get someone who knows a little more. Try explaining your issue and ask them about them seinding the resubscribing your service signal.... something to that effect if not reprovision. I am sorry I don't have their exact term, but I have done this with atleast three carriers (one of which being VZW).
    Thanks.

She did it for me and also suggested setting Data services while roaming on.
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    06-08-17 10:58 AM
    Thanks.

She did it for me and also suggested setting Data services while roaming on.
    Glad to help. One note: Did she tell you if there are ROAMING CHARGES with your type of plan? Just a good thing to know so no surprises on the bill. VZW is very good at adding extra charges/fees/poison contol surcharges etc.
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    06-08-17 11:15 AM
    Glad to help. One note: Did she tell you if there are ROAMING CHARGES with your type of plan? Just a good thing to know so no surprises on the bill. VZW is very good at adding extra charges/fees/poison contol surcharges etc.
    She said no roaming charges in the USA.

By the way, any chance it could be the SIM card?
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    06-08-17 11:19 AM
    Can't rule out the SIM card, but I am not certain.
    Have things improved at all?
    (pleasantly surprised about the roaming)
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    06-08-17 11:22 AM
    Can't rule out the SIM card, but I am not certain.
    Have things improved at all?
    (pleasantly surprised about the roaming)
    I never had problems when in a service area, only when leaving a service area (like the subway) then re-entering a service area and failing (for awhile) to get re-connected. So I have to check that later, on my way home from work.

I also confirmed about the free domestic roaming charges with another agent.

And they are shipping me a new SIM. Can't hurt.
    OrlandoAlex and coffee-turtle like this.
    06-08-17 11:59 AM
    So, I got a new SIM and same problem!

In fact, today I lost connection in the subway and it didn't come back at all when I went outside. I tried using airplane mode, but it kept shutting back off! I literally could not turn on airplane mode!

The only way I could reconnect was to restart the phone.

Any ideas what the issue is, guys?
    06-13-17 09:05 AM
    Could be the latest OS. Did it come from Verizon?
    Baritone Astoria likes this.
    06-13-17 09:13 AM
    Could be the latest OS. Did it come from Verizon?
    It didn't, but the OS was updated on my phone over a month ago and the problem began a week ago. The phone worked fine for 3 weeks on the current OS (10.3.3.2205)
    06-13-17 10:04 AM
    Ah. Then I got nuffin
    06-13-17 10:06 AM
    I spoke with a Verizon rep and she said it's the phone, she thinks it's defective.
    06-13-17 11:46 AM
    Bummer
    06-13-17 12:00 PM
    Bummer
    Accidentally, I left my Wifi off on the way home yesterday on the subway and lo and behold - I regained service in a second or two at every subway station! Seems having the Wifi on at these times was the source of the problem.
    06-14-17 08:16 AM
    That's great. Guess the rep wasn't right then. Happy days!
    06-14-17 09:50 AM
    For what it's worth, my Verizon Q10 sometimes runs into this when I am on the subways in Boston, and cut off from wifi and cell service. When I'm back above ground, sometimes my data connection says "voice only" and I lose my internet connection. Usually it only lasts a few minutes, but a reboot fixes it. It's annoying though.

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.3.2.2813
    06-15-17 08:02 AM
    For what it's worth, my Verizon Q10 sometimes runs into this when I am on the subways in Boston, and cut off from wifi and cell service. When I'm back above ground, sometimes my data connection says "voice only" and I lose my internet connection. Usually it only lasts a few minutes, but a reboot fixes it. It's annoying though.

Thanks for sharing that. Yes, it is annoying.

Instead of restarting, have you tried turning airplane mode on and then off? 9/10 out of ten, that works for me.

Another idea I had was to turn on airplane mode prior to going on the subway, then turning it back on when I am out of the subway. Since the phone's problem is automatically switching from a non service area to a service area, I figure doing the switching manually will be a work around.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-15-17 12:10 PM
    I have tried turning Airplane Mode on/off, and even manually turned data off and then on again. Neither method worked. Sometimes there's no problem at all, too. I'm pretty sure it's a function of the way VZW interprets the temporary lack of connectivity, and not my phone, because I never have this issue anywhere else.

Thanks for sharing that. Yes, it is annoying.

Instead of restarting, have you tried turning airplane mode on and then off? 9/10 out of ten, that works for me.

Another idea I had was to turn on airplane mode prior to going on the subway, then turning it back on when I am out of the subway. Since the phone's problem is automatically switching from a non service area to a service area, I figure doing the switching manually will be a work around.

06-15-17 04:25 PM
    I have tried turning Airplane Mode on/off, and even manually turned data off and then on again. Neither method worked. Sometimes there's no problem at all, too. I'm pretty sure it's a function of the way VZW interprets the temporary lack of connectivity, and not my phone, because I never have this issue anywhere else.

Yeah, I think it's Verizon too. But they absolutely will not admit it, no matter how hard I try to get them to do so.
    06-15-17 04:29 PM