Hi folks,

this is a last resort for me coming here, and posting a thread but i just couldn't find a working solution.

So my problem: briefly stated above i just want to set a picture as my wallpaper, but no matter how i do it before i could set it, the crop menu just comes up, showing me that the picture is 'big' and that i have to crop it.
    This is just stupid because if i would crop it only part of the image would be seen, now i'll be straight i want a quote as my wallpaper.

One almost working solution was, resizing the picture. I had a quote (picture) which didn't fit, then i made it 260 x 435 pixels, and it was perfect ! Now here is the picture i want as my wallpaper, but no matter how small i resize, no matter what i do, it still cant fit and i still have to crop like 75% of it.. the picture i want as wallpaper: Damn i dont have 10 posts yet, so can't post links, if anyone interested i think i can send it in p. message, possible right?

And here is the screenshot when i try to set the picture but requests me to crop: ( crop menu )->

Again as stated above, can't post it

This above, this is what i just want to avoid, if someone would be so kind and smart to tell me a solution, i would be damn grateful, really sorry for the long post, and in case something is not clear, please feel free to ask, i'll explain anything.

[[ Extra (maybe) useful details ]]
    Phone: Blackberry Z3
    OS ( system version ): latest 10.2.1.2977
    08-27-14 09:50 AM
    Rescale/add padding to make it a 9:16 (vertical) rectangle.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 10:07 AM
    Hi, real time newbie here, how can I do that? And thanks for answering!
    08-27-14 11:52 AM
    Hi, real time newbie here, how can I do that? And thanks for answering!
    With your image editor of choice, either on the device (such as Effetica) or on a computer. It depends on what the image looks like, though.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 12:00 PM
    So I downloaded Effetica, resized the picture to 9:16 as you said, but it's exactly the problem.. it's like I'm in the cropping menu.. half of the pic would be cut if I resized it to 9:16
    Or might I send you the picture or link and see if it's even possible to set it as wallpaper without cropping?
    Really important for me!
    08-27-14 12:20 PM
    So I downloaded Effetica, resized the picture to 9:16 as you said, but it's exactly the problem.. it's like I'm in the cropping menu.. half of the pic would be cut if I resized it to 9:16
    Or might I send you the picture or link and see if it's even possible to set it as wallpaper without cropping?
    Really important for me!
    You could send it via PM, but try the Pad option first. Not sure if it's only in the Pro version, though.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 01:59 PM
    Alright I might just send the link of the picture in PM but I just wanted to say that it wasn't the PRO version only the free one.
    08-28-14 03:26 AM
    ... could you just retype the quote into ms-paint or something? You'd have a higher quality image and you can make it fit.
    08-28-14 03:36 AM
    Hey there, sounds nice I'll try it!
    08-28-14 03:47 AM
    Hi I did as you said, opened the picture in paint resized it to the right amount of pixels which fits in the cropping menu ( 9:16) but the only bad thing is that this caused big quality lost.. is there any way I could send the picture to any of you and see if you can make it fit at all, without losing much quality?
    08-28-14 04:58 AM
    I don't get it, how is it that only I got this problem.. nobody else having this issue when setting wallpaper?
    08-28-14 05:00 AM
    I use Wallpaper Changer HD to bypass that whole issue. It is annoying as BBOS versions never did this and this is one of the reasons why I paid for that app.
    08-28-14 08:26 AM
    Hey mate.. I wasted so much time trying this I'm willing to do anything.. so does it really work? Set any pic as wallpaper without cutting anything?
    08-28-14 08:37 AM
    Just google the resolution of your device's display, create an image that has the exact same size, copy to you phone and when you set it as a wallpaper it will not be cropped. The editor will always show up, but you won't have to crop a pixel.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 08:42 AM
    Ah thanks not sure if gonna work since I played with resizing a lot but will try! Your pic was very familiar didn't know where I saw you, but now I do! Beautiful post about the Passport mate!
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    08-28-14 09:07 AM
    Hey mate.. I wasted so much time trying this I'm willing to do anything.. so does it really work? Set any pic as wallpaper without cutting anything?
    Yes I don't crop anything anymore with wallpaper
    08-28-14 10:06 AM
    Just google the resolution of your device's display, create an image that has the exact same size, copy to you phone and when you set it as a wallpaper it will not be cropped. The editor will always show up, but you won't have to crop a pixel.

Posted via CB10
    I'd say 90% of my images aren't found on google and I'd have to hazard a guess as this is for others as well.
    08-28-14 10:07 AM
    Attach the image to a post or type out a link, I'll see what I can do.
    08-28-14 10:14 AM
    Well thanks for having a look, here is the pic: http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...L9dwiu_qCxv9Ig
    08-28-14 02:43 PM
    I'd say 90% of my images aren't found on google and I'd have to hazard a guess as this is for others as well.
    I didn't mean that you should google the image, just find out what is the resolution of your device, I don't know what BB you are using, so can't help more.
    08-28-14 04:35 PM
    Well thanks for having a look, here is the pic: http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...L9dwiu_qCxv9Ig
    That quote image is 195x133 pixels, that's way too small mate If you ain't got any image editing software or skills, drop a background you like (something abstract for example) and I'll try to put the quote in there with some nice font when I have time. The resolution of Z3 is 540x960 pixels, so find an image that is at least this big or larger.
    08-28-14 04:37 PM
    Not quite the same, but I think it works as a background...

Problem with setting a custom wallpaper without cropping the image.-bacgroundquote.png
    08-28-14 09:47 PM
    Wow thanks for the help guys, very nice community, gonna try this pic and will search for images as you said!
    08-29-14 06:31 AM
    Very nice this pic you posted just fits perfect,as I saw in properties this pic is 360 x 640 pixels, so does that mean that I have to look pictures with this size or resize them to a similar dimension so it will fit like this one above?
    08-29-14 07:29 AM
    It just needs to be 16px tall for every 9px wide. (9:16)
    The image I posted is 1080x1920 which the z3 will scale to fit the display.
    08-29-14 10:37 AM
30 12