I have Play Store,Blackberry Google id and Google account installed in my BlackBerry z10 phone.Now I installed Watsapp from Play Store and installed it.It is working nicely but it shows retry when I send photos or videos to my friends.Plz solve it.
    02-10-17 03:34 AM
    Someone seems to post a new thread on this exact subject, almost every other day. This has been going on for the past year, and is getting old. Makes me think Bla1ze should post a FAQ on topics like this, and plaster it all over the forums, but I somehow doubt that would help.

That being said, the root cause of this issue is a difference in how "real" Android and BlackBerry's Android Runtime handle file ownership/permissions when an app writes to the public "shared" filesystem. There are some checks that WhatsApp always does when opening a shared file (this includes files created as part of sending media), which fail on the Android Runtime because of this. Unfortunately, the only way this issue could be fixed would be for BlackBerry to fix their runtime's filesystem behaviors.
    There is no way to solve it. That's why using the Android version of WhatsApp is not a solution for when WhatsApp shuts down on BB10 devices in June. You're better off using the BB10 version until June.
    02-10-17 03:57 AM
    Don't use the android version it does causes problems, stick to you blackberry version and you will be able to send pictures on your whatsapp
    02-10-17 05:10 AM
    Someone seems to post a new thread on this exact subject, almost every other day. This has been going on for the past year, and is getting old. Makes me think Bla1ze should post a FAQ on topics like this, and plaster it all over the forums, but I somehow doubt that would help.

That being said, the root cause of this issue is a difference in how "real" Android and BlackBerry's Android Runtime handle file ownership/permissions when an app writes to the public "shared" filesystem. There are some checks that WhatsApp always does when opening a shared file (this includes files created as part of sending media), which fail on the Android Runtime because of this. Unfortunately, the only way this issue could be fixed would be for BlackBerry to fix their runtime's filesystem behaviors.
    02-16-17 11:12 AM
    Drenegade has an option that might work OP..... look for the DISA app, install it and then install the WhatsApp plug-in.

Not sure how long it will work, or how well.... but it's something to try.

That is correct. Sending media works just fine with the Disa Whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-17 11:52 AM
    Somehow I expect dunt dunt dunt to forward this information to Whatsapp themselves so they can shut it down.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-17 11:57 AM
    Have you installed the WAAFixer ? It works perfectly for me
    02-16-17 01:13 PM
    The WAA Fixer I mean
    03-02-17 11:20 AM
    Not working

Posted via Z30 Beast
    03-13-17 05:05 AM