Greetings everyone,
    i am using Windows 10 Home 64 bit with BlackBerry Link V 1.2.4.39 and i have a Q20 with OS V 10.3.3.1435
    All of i sudden i realized that my phone can not link properly via BlackBerry link. The volumes (internal memory and sd) can not be mounted and i can not back up my contacts.
    I have tried the following with no success:
    -Mass USB storage is off on Q20 (if it's turned on it just detects the SD card as a drive)
    -USB connetion Enabled
    -Disabled Mobile Network, Data and WiFi on Q20
    -Removed the Device in BlackBerry Link
    -Uninstalled BlackBerry Link/BlackBerry Desktop Software 10
    -Deleted
    C:\Windows\Users\..%USER%..\AppData\Local
    C:\Windows\Users\..%USER%..\AppData\LocalLow
    C:\Windows\Users\..%USER%..\AppData\Roaming
    C:\Windows\Program Files (x86)\
    C:\Windows\ProgramData\
    C:\Windows\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
    -Deleted
    C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository
    -rimusbnt.inf_amd64_neutral_532a9f65bccbfee8
    -rimvndis.inf_amd64_neutral_4b3e7f5e20216f4b
    -blackberryncm.inf_amd64_neutral_23f3337b6f80b2db
    -rimserial.inf_amd64_neutral_8089aa44baeaf242
    C:\Windows\System32\drivers
    -rimvndis6_AMD64.sys
    -RimUsb_AMD64.sys
    -RimSerial_AMD64.sys
    -blackberryncm6_AMD64.sys
    -Deleted registry keys
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Research In Motion
    HKCU\Software\BlackBerry
    HKCU\Software\Research In Motion
    HKCR\XCPC* (deleted anything that starts with this key)
    -Unistalled Firewall and Antivirus
    -Reinstalled BlackBerry Link

Problem Persists. Any ideas?
    03-27-18 07:51 AM
    Do you have iTunes installed?
    03-27-18 08:50 AM
    I noticed around January that I could no longer mount my internal memory of my Z10 on my Win 10 PC as drives Y:/ and Z:/

However, switching the SD card to USB Mass Storage, and it shows up as a removable drive as it always does. But, that's just the SD card.

Link could access the device, read the OS Version and all, but errors out trying to read the internal memory. It couldn't show that graph that shows how the memory is used.

But... it could do a device backup.

I tried going back a build on the Z10 OS that I know worked last year. But no difference.

Strangely, just as it could do a backup, it could also restore. I reloaded some of the apps that BBW no longer carried just to test and that worked with no problem.

It's just something about mounting the internal memory on the PC that seems permanently broken now. Maybe one of the windows updates after the Creators Update broke how the USB drivers work. The Creators Update did originally mess up Link, but an uninstall and reinstall fixed it. All drives showed up and all. But at some point after that, I lost the drive mounting.

I guess Link uses a combination of ways to access the device. Something more direct when doing backups and restores, and the USB drivers to display how the memory is used and for regular file operations.

I tried uninstalling Link, and registry cleaning too - manually searching through the registry as well, and reloading.

I knew I cleaned it out enough because it asked to re-sign into my BBID after reloading Link.

No difference. Still doesn't work. Basically, I don't have direct access to the internal memory through my PC. I can get to the SD card, but it's kind of a pain to copy stuff to and from the internal memory and SD card, if I need to get something off the internal - like if I need to copy a Google Play app that needs to be patched. I have to copy the app to the SD card and then copy it to the PC to patch.

It's not a big deal, I keep so little on the internal memory. Only my custom notification sounds stay there right now and if I autoload the OS, I have to transfer such things over through the device file manager. Good thing there is one.

Also, since the Z10 is no longer in daily service, it's not really a problem. I keep it as a wi-fi only device (no cell service and the SIM is out). Even my 9 year old only plays with it once a week or so now that he has a new Kindle tablet.
    03-27-18 10:45 AM
    @Dunt Dunt Dunt
    sorry i forgot to sign in when i posted the question... yes i have iTunes installed.

@joeldf
    the diffence i have with your post is that i can not do a device back up. Also i should point out that everything worked fine even after Creators Update. I do not excacly know when it stopped working as i do not plug the phone to my computer regurarly, only when i want to transfer photos and videos or do the occasional back up.
    Last edited by MythosQ20; 03-27-18 at 11:40 AM.
    03-27-18 11:26 AM
    @Dunt Dunt Dunt
    sorry i forgot to sign in when i posted the question... yes i have iTunes installed.

@joeldf
    the diffence i have with your post is that i can not do a device back up. Also i should point out that everything worked fine even after Creators Update. I do not excacly know when it stopped working as i do not plug the phone to my computer regurarly, only when i want to transfer photos and videos or do the occasional back up.
    Might try this “BlackBerry Link has stopped working” after updating to iTunes 12.5

But LINK/BLEND won't connect for me at all at this point.... back when it first happened and I used BB10, I tried everything. It's really strange how it will work for some, and others it won't. I even reformatted my PC, and only installed LINK/BLEND and it still wouldn't work. Might be some random driver issues....
    03-27-18 11:44 AM
    the file that is mentioned in the link ( iTunesPrefs.xml ) does not exist in these folders of my computer
    I should also mention that i tryied to connect the phone to a freshly formated laptop with nothing else installed except the windows updates (win 10 home x64) and i still encountered a problem...
    The volumes were mounted but i still couldn't back up my contacts...
    Is there another way to back up my contacts without using BlackBerry Link?
    03-27-18 12:19 PM
    the file that is mentioned in the link ( iTunesPrefs.xml ) does not exist in these folders of my computer
    I should also mention that i tryied to connect the phone to a freshly formated laptop with nothing else installed except the windows updates (win 10 home x64) and i still encountered a problem...
    The volumes were mounted but i still couldn't back up my contacts...
    Is there another way to back up my contacts without using BlackBerry Link?
    Ultimate Backup (in BBW - or it was)... and a few other apps will backup your contacts and some other info.
    03-27-18 12:49 PM
    Go to this thread and look at my post #5 . It worked for the OP. No guarantees but maybe worth a try: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13154689. The key is to TOTALLY remove anything on your PC related to BBLink and Blend using your registry, then installing the drivers using your Passport as described. Good Luck!
    03-27-18 01:14 PM
    I do not know what you mean excacly by totally removing anything related to BBLink and Blend as you do not provide extensive information... if there is anything else to remove besides what i have already mentioned in the question post, please let me know.
    After the steps i mentioned i did try to install the BBLink software via my Q20 (which all it did was to re-download the same version of the BBLink software i had already downloaded on my on) but the problems persisted. Thank you for answering.

PS: Ultimate Back Up is not a free app and i am not willing to pay for a software issue that BB should have provided a fix.
    03-27-18 01:47 PM
    I do not know what you mean excacly by totally removing anything related to BBLink and Blend as you do not provide extensive information.
    By this, I mean, using Windows Registry to remove anything Blackberry related. You need to uninstall all the BB software AND then using Windows Registry search and delete anything with "Blackberry" in the description. This can be a daunting and dangerous task if you don't know what you are doing however, so BEWARE. There are also some good Windows programs such as Revo Uninstaller that can do the job for you much easier and safer. Once you complete that process, reboot your PC then use your Passport to help reinstall the drivers/link/blend. You do this simply by plugging your Passport into the PC and turning your PC on. You will see a window pop-up on your Passport asking if you want to install on the PC. Just follow the prompts. I am not guaranteeing this will work but it has for some. I've used this procedure also with great success. As has been mentioned above, there is a known problem with iTunes also, so you may want to completely uninstall that as well.
    03-27-18 01:57 PM
    Just to be thorough, when searching the registry, I also search "RIM" and "Research in Motion". That picks up a few extra entries too.
    brookie229 likes this.
    03-27-18 03:23 PM
    Just to be thorough, when searching the registry, I also search "RIM" and "Research in Motion". That picks up a few extra entries too.
    Yep--thanks heaps, I forgot about those!
    03-27-18 03:30 PM
    maybe it isn't clear what i have already tried...
    so again, among others,
    1. I have Uninstalled BlackBerry Link/BlackBerry Desktop Software 10 with CCleaner (and performed a registry clean afterwards)
    2. I have Deleted manualy any references in the following folders:
    -C:\Windows\Users\..%USER%..\AppData\Local
    -C:\Windows\Users\..%USER%..\AppData\LocalLow
    -C:\Windows\Users\..%USER%..\AppData\Roaming
    -C:\Windows\Program Files (x86)\
    -C:\Windows\ProgramData\
    -C:\Windows\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
    3. I have manually Deleted any of the following files found:
    -rimvndis6_AMD64.sys
    -RimUsb_AMD64.sys
    -RimSerial_AMD64.sys
    4. I have manually Deleted the following registry keys:
    -HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Research In Motion
    -HKCU\Software\BlackBerry
    -HKCU\Software\Research In Motion
    -HKCR\XCPC* (deleted anything that starts with this key)

I have also tried in a freshly formated laptop after Windows were done with updates and after i installed the BBLink software (it was the only software installed). The volumes mounted but still i could not back up my contacts.

Is there anything else in specific that you propose? (except total uninstallation of iTunes)

PS: I do not own a Passport device. I own a Q20 (Blackberry Classic).
    03-27-18 04:41 PM
    maybe it isn't clear what i have already tried...
    so again, among others,
    1. I have Uninstalled BlackBerry Link/BlackBerry Desktop Software 10 with CCleaner (and performed a registry clean afterwards)
    2. I have Deleted manualy any references in the following folders:
    -C:\Windows\Users\..%USER%..\AppData\Local
    -C:\Windows\Users\..%USER%..\AppData\LocalLow
    -C:\Windows\Users\..%USER%..\AppData\Roaming
    -C:\Windows\Program Files (x86)\
    -C:\Windows\ProgramData\
    -C:\Windows\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
    3. I have manually Deleted any of the following files found:
    -rimvndis6_AMD64.sys
    -RimUsb_AMD64.sys
    -RimSerial_AMD64.sys
    4. I have manually Deleted the following registry keys:
    -HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Research In Motion
    -HKCU\Software\BlackBerry
    -HKCU\Software\Research In Motion
    -HKCR\XCPC* (deleted anything that starts with this key)

I have also tried in a freshly formated laptop after Windows were done with updates and after i installed the BBLink software (it was the only software installed). The volumes mounted but still i could not back up my contacts.

Is there anything else in specific that you propose? (except total uninstallation of iTunes)

PS: I do not own a Passport device. I own a Q20 (Blackberry Classic).
    Sounds like you have been quite thorough so other than the iTunes removal there may be nothing else to do. Link is VERY flakey (works fine for me however).

Posted via CB10
    03-27-18 05:00 PM
    I do not know what you mean excacly by totally removing anything related to BBLink and Blend as you do not provide extensive information... if there is anything else to remove besides what i have already mentioned in the question post, please let me know.
    After the steps i mentioned i did try to install the BBLink software via my Q20 (which all it did was to re-download the same version of the BBLink software i had already downloaded on my on) but the problems persisted. Thank you for answering.

PS: Ultimate Back Up is not a free app and i am not willing to pay for a software issue that BB should have provided a fix.
    It's your data... If it's not worth paying to keep, that's your call. LINK isn't supported on Windows 10 - so why are you trying to use it? FYI.. it might be free in a few days, or it might go away....

I think you uninstalled most everything that REGEDIT would find... wouldn't hurt to try. In search type REGEDIT, under edit click FIND and then search for your keywords.
    03-27-18 05:00 PM