My Blackberry PRIV which was given to me as a Christmas gift December 2016, will not load. I cannot reach tech support for Blackberry PRIV because I don't know the IMEI and it is too small to read on the SIM frame. I finally got a way to their support team and sent an email, but have not heard back in several days.

I was using the device and an error message came up: "google services framework has stopped". Then, a "BlackBerry services framework has stopped" showed up.

The phone restarted and it continuously shows the opening startup sequence of the square/triangle/circle but will not boot.

I have tried a soft reset and get the same issue. It will not hard reset.

I have managed to get to the BlackBerry Bootloader Menu that shows
    1 Barcodes
    2 Continue the bootup
    3 Reboot into fastboot
    4 Turn off the device

If I select #2 , the device goes into the continuous opening startup sequence of the square/triangle/circle, but will not boot.

If I select #3 , the screen goes black and in a few seconds reopens to the Bootloader Menu screen.

If I select 4, the device shuts off.

I can't seem to find a way to use hardware buttons to perform a Factory Reset so I am stuck.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanking you in advance.
    07-24-17 11:28 PM
    My Blackberry PRIV which was given to me as a Christmas gift December 2016, will not load. I cannot reach tech support for Blackberry PRIV because I don't know the IMEI and it is too small to read on the SIM frame. I finally got a way to their support team and sent an email, but have not heard back in several days.

I was using the device and an error message came up: "google services framework has stopped". Then, a "BlackBerry services framework has stopped" showed up.

The phone restarted and it continuously shows the opening startup sequence of the square/triangle/circle but will not boot.

I have tried a soft reset and get the same issue. It will not hard reset.

I have managed to get to the BlackBerry Bootloader Menu that shows
    1 Barcodes
    2 Continue the bootup
    3 Reboot into fastboot
    4 Turn off the device

If I select #2 , the device goes into the continuous opening startup sequence of the square/triangle/circle, but will not boot.

If I select #3 , the screen goes black and in a few seconds reopens to the Bootloader Menu screen.

If I select 4, the device shuts off.

I can't seem to find a way to use hardware buttons to perform a Factory Reset so I am stuck.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanking you in advance.
    You may have to reload the OS. There's a Sticky Thread on autoloaders. You need to find the one that matches your device/carrier. Then get to the FastBoot menu again. But run the autoloader on your computer with the Priv connected by usb. As you found the 3rd Menu choice just circles back on itself. But if you run the autoloader, it should take over and reload the OS.

BE WARNED, your device will be reset and all data will be gone. (remove sd card, if there's one just to be sure). If you synced with Google, yahoo or outlook, stuff should be restored. If you use the same BBID google account, your apps will possibly be reloaded or you can get them again.

Sorry about your problems and good luck.

The Autoloader link is at the bottom or you might try Safe Mode first:

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.

If that fails you might investigate reloading the OS using an Autoloader:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...aders-1065667/
    07-25-17 12:45 AM
    Hello adding that to confirm your PRIV version and load the correct OS check the following: slide open screen and on the back underneath the center there is a Black line with text on it. There you will see what STV-100 version you have. It is really small text. Good luck
    07-25-17 04:32 AM
    Hello adding that to confirm your PRIV version and load the correct OS check the following: slide open screen and on the back underneath the center there is a Black line with text on it. There you will see what STV-100 version you have. It is really small text. Good luck
    Here is pic to see where located PRIV version type.

Good luck
    07-25-17 04:37 AM